Chapter 11

Silas's POV

Today's the day. I finally get see him. Lewis.  My wolf wouldn't sit still, finally getting to speak to and touch his mate.

You better not mess this up too, my wolf growled as we stood, waiting for the doctor. He'd disappeared five minutes ago inside the room, and hadn't come out since. It was absolute torture. What are you? A child? You can't wait five minutes? Lewis was waiting for months before someone ever found him, and you can't wait 300 seconds? Seconds? I sighed. He's right. I'll just have to be patient.

As I said that, the door clicked open, the doctor coming back out to the waiting room. He cleared his throat, pushing up his glasses. "Everything seems normal, but before we go in I want to take the time to go over some things with you." He rased an eyebrow, only continuing after I'd nodded eagerly.

"Now then, please don't try to get close to him without his consent. I don't want him to feel pressured or cornered or anything that will make him flip out. Another thing you shouldn't do is raise your voice, or shift. Also, try not to talk too much about the past events that led to him being here." Basically, just sit there and smile. I growled at my wolf.

Shut up!! Don't make me more nervous than I already am!!

I just... Don't wanna lose him again.

... Don't worry, buddy. I'm going to make this right.

The doctor finished going over the rules, pushing open the door and allowing me inside. I walked slowly, holding my breath when I saw the small figure sitting in the bed.

Lewis

He looked a little better than he had when we found him, but not by much. He turned when he heard me, staring blankly. Neither of us spoke, waiting until the doctor was gone.

When he'd left, Lewis's nonchalant expression turned to fear. He attempted to push himself into the corner of the bed, trembling on the verge of tears. I took a step forward, stopping when he flinched. "Lewis, I-"

"-urt me..."

"What?"

"Please, don't hurt me!!"

I froze, my heart aching in my chest. "L-Lewis... It's okay... I'm not going to hurt y-"

"LIES!!"

His voice echoed in the room, his raspy screams giving way to sobs. His shoulders shook, painful pleas slipping out between cries. I could only sit and watch, unable to put my arms around him and hold him close.

Finally, Lewis calmed down, laying in the bed silently. His blank, empty stare killed me as much as his sobs did. I moved closer slowly, ending up right beside him. Carefully, I placed my hand on his shoulder, my wolf purring in content when the sparks ran across my vision. Lewis, however, had no reaction​. I became worried, giving him a small nudge. "L-Lewis?... Hey, Lewis? Are you okay?!"

He didn't speak, only turning his head to me. I pulled him closer, resting his head on my chest. Go on then, talk to him. I swallowed. "U-um... Hi, Lewis." How heart wrenching​, Shakespeare. He looked up at me. "-o it?" He whispered. I leaned closer. "Why'd you do it?"