Chapter 21

Lewis's POV

The two men had me pinned down, their eyes running over me. The Alpha watched them, keeping an eye on my reaction. I silently pleased with him to help me out. He nodded and pulled Josef and Silas off of me. Both men whined as the sparks disappeared from my vision. "Are you okay, Lewis?" I nodded up at the Alpha, smiling. A jealous growl came from both men, bit a glare from Alpha Jordan shut them up.

"Now, I know it's confusing, both of you being Lewis's mate, but you can't keep growling at each other. I'll leave you to work it out, but one wrong look and I'm back."

The Alpha left and we all sat down on the bed, Josef and Silas on either side of me. "Who're you gonna choose?" Josef asked.

I froze. "I have to... Choose?!"

"Well we ain't sharing." Silas said.

I shot up, turning to face my two mates. Both looked at me crossly. I swallowed. Josef had been my loving mate for five years, but could I really reject Silas? I had loved him once, and I knew the pain of a rejection. Could I really put him through that? Despite what he had done, he was still my mate. Doesn't that count for something? The mate bond, against all odds, has survived.

"Well?" Silas demanded. "Are you coming with me or staying with-" Silas shot Josef a glare. "-him."

Josef's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean, 'coming with you?'"

"If he chooses me, I'm taking him back to my pack."

"Oh yeah? Like I'm gonna let you take him."

The two refused to back down. My panic began to rise as they stared daggers at each other. The Alpha is right outside, but he'd probably go for Silas first.

In the end, I turned and ran, ignoring the cries of my two mates. Unknowingly, I ran all the way to the Alpha's office, finding myself in the soothing arms of the Luna. "Shh... It's okay. Everything will work out," the Luna whispered. He ran his hands through my hair as I sobbed, talking about random things until I'd calmed down.

We sat together as I stared down at my hands. "... Why do you think the maybe bond is still there? He rejected me."

"Did you reject him?"

I shook my head. "No."

The Luna looked at me. "Then that's why. The mate bond, to truly be broken, had to be broken on both ends. You have to reject Silas, otherwise he'll still be your mate, and the mate bond could potentially fix."

"Then, how am I mates with Josef if I'm still connected to Silas?"

"I said you're connected to him, I didn't say you're in love with him. Your heart chose one mate - Josef - and your brain stayed with your old mate - Silas. You just have to reject one of them and that will fix everything."

"What if.-" I hesitated. "What if I don't reject either of them?"

The Luna thought, his brows scrunched. "Well, I imagine it wouldn't end well. You're not destined to have two mates, so it would definitely do damage to you and your mates, physically and mentally."

I sighed. So I have to choose one. Then... I looked up at the Luna. "I know who I'm going to choose."