Chapter 20

Lewis's POV

Josef came back, his sweet scent surprisingly heavy. I buried myself in his chest, my body hot. I felt Josef's chest rumble in a soft purr. I was about to speak when a deep growl sounded behind Josef.

My head shot up, my eyes widening as I stared at Silas. His eyes flashed with anger and I knew his wolf wanted to take over. I attempted to pull out of Josef's embrace. "W-what-" Josef pulled me closer attempting to calm me.

Sparks buzzed across my eyes and I settled back into his arms. I had almost forgotten about Silas until he marched up and grabbed my arm, pulling me away from Josef. I froze when the same warmth and sparks flashed through my body. Silas... Is still my mate? No. Not possible. Josef is my mate. But... I looked down at Silas's hand on my arm. How is this possible?

"Lewis?" Josef spoke, startling me. "Which one of us is your mate?"

I looked between both of them, and sniffed the air. The sweet scent seemed to come from both of them. It filled the air. I reached out, using my other hand to touch Josef. The sparks seemed to intensity, leaving me with only one answer. "Y-you... You both are?"

They were silent until Josef reached out and grabbed Silas's arm. They stood for a moment, then shook their heads. "Not possible," Josef said. "I don't feel the sparks with him."

"Well... Maybe you're my mates... And not each other's?"

"How is that possible?" Silas crossed his arms.

"I-... I don't know." I replied.

We were all silent - except got Silas, who continued to growl when I sat next to Josef and not him. Finally, Silas spoke. "NO! I'm not sharing him! Lewis is mine!"

"I won't let you take him!" Josef growled back. My head was spinning, trying to process what was going on. Two mates?! But... How?! Silas rejected me! Why is he still my mate? And... Josef... What does he think? I nervously glanced at Josef who was still glaring at Silas. Is he going to reject me? No... I can't... That can't... I-

"ENOUGH!!"

The room went silent, the Alpha - who had suddenly appeared in the room - glaring at Josef and Silas. He shot a hand out to me. "I don't care which of you is his mate. No one - NO ONE - Scares Lewis!!"

Both men turned to me, worried expressions in their faces. "Are you okay?" They said in unison. A low growls sounded from the Alpha before a fight could break out. Josef came over, taking my hand. Silas countered by taking my other hand. The sparks intensified and I let out a soft moan.

My face flushed red with embarrassment, but Silas and Josef looked down at me with desire-filled eyes. "Mate..." They whispered. Neither so much as glanced at the other, and I knew their wolves were in control. I was envious of them, really. I had lost my wolf five years ago. Because of Silas. The same man that stared down at me now with loving eyes. Could I really accept him again?