06 | got bit by a vampire

Third Person POV

Thea pulled her hood up, hopefully concealing her red and puffy eyes from the public eye. She hadn't gotten one bit of sleep - nightmares of Dawson and the Cullens, who seem to be one in the same, kept her screaming all night.

She even ignored Bella and her friends, not even flinching when Tyler threw a half eaten piece of licorice at her. Thea had one goal - make it into the school without seeing the ones that will remain unnamed. But her goal was short lived when she entered the building.

Suddenly, Thea was surrounded by six pale humans, if humans is what they actually were at this point - Thea was beyond confused. Worried and guilty expressions littered each of their faces. Dawson, who looked the worst of all, stepped closer to Thea's small frame.

"Thea, please," he begged her, grabbing onto her elbow - earning a low growl from Jasper. "Just hear me out."

"Get off of me," Thea seethed. A sound that shocked the other Cullens around her. A sound that was unexpected from the quiet and nervous girl before them.

"Not until you let me explain!" Dawson pleading, dropping his hold of his ex best friend's arm. He soon realized this was a bad idea when Thea pushed past him, dashing down the hallway away from him. Away from his family. Away from Jasper.

Thea thought she got her point across, even slamming her locker open to add emphasis to her unspoken point - to leave her alone. But Dawson, someone Thea knew all too well, wouldn't give up. He ran after her, grabbing ahold of her opened locker door so she couldn't escape.

"T, please!" He begged her, his voice vulnerable and groggy.

Thea balled her hands into fists, turning to face his golden eyes which she had yet to get used to. "Don't call me that!" She said through her teeth, heavily debating on kneeing Dawson in the good spot.

"Just hear me out, please," the tall boy begged, not receiving the messages Thea was sending. She didn't want anything to do with him - with any of them.

"Hear you out?" Thea asks rhetorically, her voice ever so calmly as she turns to face her once best friend. "You want me to hear you out?"

Dawson gulped, knowing exactly what would happen next. After growing up with someone, regardless of any period of time spent apart, you know when they were about to blow. And right now, Thea was about to blow.

So Dawson begged again. "Thea, please, just let me explain before you say anything."

"What is there to explain, Dawson?" Thea yelps, throwing her hands into the air. "I thought you died but clearly you didn't. So how are you here, how are you alive?" Her voice is dangerously low - if it wasn't for Dawson's vampiric hearing, he wouldn't have caught a word.

"Poisonous spider? Kryptonite? Got bit by a vampire? A werewolf? I'm not a fool, Dawson, so don't act like I am one." She finished, slamming her locker door shut before storming down the hallway.

This time, Dawson got the message and didn't follow her. Her dragged himself back to his family, who watched with guilty eyes. Alice grabbed her mate's hand, whispering to him that they would all try before dragging him towards their first period class.

All except for Jasper follow, who was rooted in place, watching the corner Thea disappeared around. His unbeating heart broke as he thought of Thea's appearance - the bags under her puffy eyes, her sickly pale skin, and her hollow face. She was a wreck, because of his family. And that put him in more pain than he had ever felt in his existence.