40 | it didn't feel right *

Thea

"Thea, you going to be okay alone for the night?" Sam ask, poking his head out of the back door to peer at me as I read my book. I watch his glance at Embry, who lays with his head in my lap, before looking back at me.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask him, setting my book down on Embry's face, causing him to yelp loudly.

Sam shrugs. "Am I not allowed to check in on my baby sister?"

I roll my eyes, raising my hand up to shoo him away. "Be gone, Samuel Uley! I'm not a child!"

Sam rolls his eyes back, disappearing back into the kitchen. I listen to him picking his keys and other various items up before slipping his shoes on.

"I love you, T!" He yells, throwing the front door open.

"You too!" I call back, the slam of the door being my only response. I pick up my book from Embry's face, marking my page before tossing it to the side with a smirk.

"What?" He asks, sitting up.

"I have an idea," I say with a much larger smirk. I push myself up off the floor and skip into the kitchen, rummaging through the various cabinets before I found what I've been searching for.

"Let's get drunk," I say, a devilish smile on my face as I turn - with a bottle of whiskey in my hand - to face a very shocked Embry.

•••

Thea was giggling manically, a hiccup following just seconds later as she tossed her legs over his lap and leaned back against the couch. She was undeniable drunk, and as Embry gulped down another drink of the whiskey in front of him, it was apparent that he also very drunk.

His hand was running up and down her bare legs, the girl only wearing one of his t-shirts and a pair of black spandex. Embry had never seen her so relaxed before, she had an easy going smile on her face and her hair was toppled on top of her head in a top knot.

Thea shifted closer to him, her legs were still over his lap but she didn't stop moving closer until her head rested against his shoulder. Embry glanced down at her, an adoring but hazy look in his eyes as he moved to push some stray hairs back. She dug her fingers through the knot, and after a second she began to pull out the elastic in her hair. It was tangled, but it curved around her shoulders easily.

Embry passed Thea the bottle, and she gulped down the last of the burning liquid. She leaned forward hazardously and placed the bottle on the wooden coffee table in front of them. But then she was leaning back again. Her lips brushed against his collarbone and he shuddered at the feeling of her soft lips. He glanced down at her, his breath hitching in his throat when he saw how close she was too him. She moved her hand up to his neck, the tips of her fingers disappearing into his dark hair. She pulled him down closer, her heart beginning to rush in her chest and she was shaking slightly but she pressed her lips against his.

Embry could feel the hesitance in her lips, in her slow movements, but he responded nonetheless. It was probably because he had been much more confident that it made it easier for Thea to kiss him - to straddle his waist even. His hands flew to her hips, his fingers digging into her back as she pressed her chest against his and nipped softly at his lips.

His head was tilted up, because their position made Thea tower over him slightly. One of his hands slid up the length of back, keeping her pinned against him with his hand between her shoulder blades. He pulled away, pushing her head to the side with his nose and beginning to sponge kissed down her throat and collarbones. She squirmed, her fingers tightening around his tresses. She pulled away from him, and she quickly grabbed at the end of her shirt and brought it up and over.

She wasn't wearing a bra, and she couldn't help the smirk that tugged at her lips when his eyes darkened and his grip tightened. He pulled her closer again, but with a teasing smile on her face she pulled back and tugged his own shirt off. She wanted to feel him against her.

Embry shuddered when her warm skin hit his, his grip growing even tighter. "Why don't we take this upstairs?" Thea questioned, reaching for her shirt off the ground and pulling him up to her room. They stumbled up the stairs, Embry tripping once and falling which sent them into another fit of giggles. She pulled the door open, and then she was pushing him onto the bed and was once again straddling his waist.

Embry shook his head up at her, wrapped his arms around her and then flipped them. Thea giggled again, repositioning herself so that she could wrap her legs around his waist. He supported his weight with his elbows, pushing her hair away from her shoulder with his fingers and then began to pepper kisses down her collarbone and the swells of her breast.

Her fingers searched blindly for the button of his jeans, and when he realized when she was trying to do he sat up on shaky legs and quickly pulled them down. He was left in just his briefs now, and he shook his head at her.

"You are wearing too many clothes." Embry commented, and she giggled again before pulling down her spandex. When they reached her ankles, Embry took over and quickly pulled them off entirely. He slotted himself between her legs again, she smiled up at him again before kissing him.

His fingers hooked around the hem of her panties, and before he moved to pull them away he detached his lips from hers. "Are you sure?" He questioned, his voice hazy and his eyes dark.

"If I wasn't-" she hiccuped, "I wouldn't have started this." She told him, and he nodded before pressing his lips against hers again.

•••

Thea

My headache was the only thing I felt as I pushed myself out of my bed and towards my bathroom. I reeked of alcohol - which did nothing to benefit the pounding behind my forehead - which meant I was in desperate need of a shower.

It wasn't until after I washed the dried alcohol from my body that I felt human again. Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped my hair up in a towel before doing the same and moving in front of the mirror to brush my teeth.

I was mid brush when three dark bruises running up along the side on my neck caught my eye.

Suddenly, memories of the night before flashed through my mind quickly and I was left in a shock. My mind could only form one thought as I stood in front of the mirror, my hands gripping the counter for support.

Jasper.

"Oh my god," I breathed out, my mouth full of toothpaste. I quickly spit, pushing the towel off my head to run my fingers through my wet hair.

"Oh my god!" I repeated, running over to the door and yanking it open. I poked my head through the door, looking into my room to see Embry sitting on my bed.

His eyes looked up to meet my panicked ones and I was taken aback by the look in his. Embry looked confused as he sat there, looking between his hands and me. He didn't look happy at all.

"I didn't feel anything romantic towards you," he whispered to himself, looking up at me. "It didn't feel right."

I gulped. "What?"

His eyes moved from his hands to me. "It didn't feel like I hoped it had."

I shake my head. "It didn't."

"What does this mean?" Embry asks.

"I have no idea."

•••

*passes out holy water* thx to fiftyshadesofmagic for writing that for me :))))

-M