47 | call of duty

"Up and at em, Thea," a gentle voice says from the side of Thea's bed, small warm hands shaking her shoulders. "We've got places to be, people to see."

Thea groans, swatting Bella's hands away from her. She flips onto her back, squinting up at the intruder. "What are you talking about?" Thea groans.

"We've got places to be," Bella repeats, shuffling over to Thea's closet, pulling out a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt, not knowing it belonged to Embry.

"And when did I ever commit to going to these said places?" Thea asks, sliding out of her bed and to the connected bathroom. She splashed water onto her face before grabbing her toothbrush.

"You didn't but you owe me after the comment you made at my house the other night," Bella says, leaning against the doorframe, watching the other girl brush her teeth.

After the fight at Bella's two nights ago, Thea felt the slightest bit of guilt after what she said to Bella. So she called Bella, explaining that she was heated and that she didn't completely mean it — but she never apologized. Both of them knew, deep down, that it was true.

That for the past year and a half, the world of Forks completely revolves around Bella and her slightly unhealthy infatuation with Edward.

"I don't owe you anything Bella," Thea said, wiping her mouth on the towel she had sitting on the counter. "But since I'm going insane with the amounts of testosterone I've been surrounded by, I'll come."

Bella did a little happy dance, throwing the clothes she picked out at her friend. Thea quickly dressed and the two were leaving the house. The blonde yelled a goodbye to whoever was in the house, she didn't have time to check with Bella dragging her out the door.

Thea's brows raised when she saw the lack of junk in her driveway, turning to Bella with a question on the tip of her tongue. "Where's the shit mobile?"

"It stalled a bit down the road, Jake's fixing it as we speak." Bella replied, beginning to walk down the road where Thea could only assume awaited her truck.

But little did Thea know, no truck and no Jake was waiting for them.

When she had rounded the corner, her eyes first landed on Edward's sleek Volvo before finding the man himself, leaning against the hood of the car.

"What is this?" Thea asked, immediately halting in her advance.

"Don't worry about it, c'mon." Bella said, continuing her trek to the passenger side of the car.

"We're only taking you to see Dawson," Edward says after reading Thea's weary thoughts. "He's been asking to see you."

"Dawson is allowed on the reservation — if he wanted to see me then he could've shown up here." Thea says, slowly walking towards the car once more.

Edward smiled at her, nodding his head. "Esme has been asking for you, but Dawson doesn't stop talking about you. It drives Jasper mad."

"Good," Thea says simply, slipping into the backseat of the car. Whether she would ever admit it aloud or not, she had always found Esme's presence endearing and comforting.

The ride didn't take long and before Thea knew it, she was entering the doorway to the household she never expected to be in again. It, of course, still had the sleek look to it that she couldn't help but die for.

She followed Bella and Edward into the sitting room, spotting Dawson and Emmett engaging in a heated game of Call of Duty with their respected mates cheering them on.

"Look what the vampire dragged in," Emmett yells, like usually, before pausing the game and galloping towards Thea.

A small smile leaves her lips as he picks her up, spinning her around in a bone crushing hug. Not literally, because that would kill her, but metaphorically.

"I've got to say, Em, I've missed you the most," she said, patting his back lightly. She would've whispered it but it was no use — the vampires would hear her anyways.

"That's because I'm the best and everyone else is irrelevant," Emmett says with pride, turning to stick his tongue out at Dawson.

"'Oh Dawson, I miss you so much!'" Dawson says, raising his voice to imitate his best friend, who lifts her middle finger at him in response.

Emmett laughs again, a sound never lacking from the man. "I've liked you since the first time we met — when you flicked Dawson off in this very room."

"Oh, the memories!" Thea says, sarcasm dripping from her words as she mockingly covers her heart with her hands.

Dawson shakes his head, pulling his childhood best friend into a quick hug before gently tossing his arm over her shoulders. "And to what do we owe the pleasure of meeting with you today?"

"Bella dragged me here," Thea says, shrugging off his arm to take a seat on the couch. Rosalie sends her a small smile which she returns.

She realized that she couldn't hold a grudge against the majority of the Cullens — only the ones that thought leaving was a good idea.

During one of Dawson and Thea's many phone calls, he admitted that moving out of Forks was an idea fueled solely by Jasper and Edward. He confessed to her that Alice, Rosalie, and Emmett didn't speak to them for weeks, knowing very well how the move would affect the two girls.

So, Thea chose to forgive the vampires who expressed their distaste for the move. She knew that holding a grudge would do no good for anyone.

"Thea!" Esme's voice travelled across the room, a large smile on the woman's face. She was yet another person Thea couldn't hold a grudge against.

"So you're only angry with Jasper and I?" Edward asked as Esme and Thea pulled apart from a quick hug.

"Sure thing!" Thea said, sending Edward a very fake smile before turning her back to him, facing the rest of the clan. "Who thinks they can beat me in C.O.D?"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

After a numerous amount of rounds, Rosalie set off to take her home. Throughout the day, Thea could tell that the beauty had something to say to her — something that she couldn't say with her family sitting around them.

Thea waited until they were a decent ways away from the Cullen residence before questioning Rosalie.

"Did you want to say something to me, Rose?" Thea asked, her voice lacking any harsh emotions.

"I think you're one of the wisest people I've ever met," Rosalie replied simply, not taking her eyes off the road.

"Why?"

Rosalie glanced over at Thea, who was looking out of her window at the passing tree lines. "Because you didn't fall right back into my brother's arms when he came back."

"I couldn't," Thea answers simply. "He can't waltz in and out of my life whenever he pleases."

"And for that, I respect you." Rosalie says, a small smile playing on her lips. "You're smarter than Bella. You don't need a man to define you."

"Damn straight," Thea replies, a light laugh leaving her lips.

The rest of the car ride is in silence, only speaking when they pull up to the treaty line. Thea sees Paul waiting for her, a cool look playing on his face. She goes to exit the car, but Rosalie's hand falls upon her arm, stopping her.

"I hope we can be friends," she says.

Thea smiles, looking back at the blonde. "I would like that."

•••