41 | white flag

Thea

I was situated on the couch, my eyes boring into the TV as the show Full House played. To say I was obsessed with this show would be an understatement - John Stamos held a special place in my heart that no other man could ever feel.

A knock at the door made me groan loudly and I had planned on ignoring it but when three more knocks came, I knew I had to answer the door. With yet another loud groan, I pulled myself off the couch with my blankets still wrapped around me and trudged to the door.

"Paul, I swear to god if you've locked yourself out again, I will castrate you." I growl as I open the door. I'm ready to unleash another rant when I look up and meet the eyes of the interrupter.

Jasper stands on my front porch, his hands tucked in his back pockets as he looks me up and down - his eyes widening in what appears to be a mix of shock and awe.

Minutes pass of the two of us starring at each other before he speaks.

"You dyed your hair," he points out, the hint of a southern accent catching me by surprise. It had been so long since I heard his voice, I had a hard time processing his words.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him, taking a step back from him as I let the blanket resting on my shoulders fall to the ground.

"We have just settled down and I needed to come see you," Jasper said, stepping forward. His toes just pass through the entryway when I let out a shriek.

"Stop!" I yell, catching him off guard and stopping his advance.

"Thea, we need to talk." He says, his hands slightly reaching out ahead of him.

"No we really don't," I mutter. "You need to leave - now."

"Please," Jasper takes another step forward. "I need to explain."

"I don't want to hear anymore bullshit excuses come out of your mouth again," I spit, my hand reaching behind me to grab onto a picture frame on the table behind me. "You need to get off Quileute land before the pack finds out you're here."

"I don't care about the pack," Jasper rushes, his eyes trained on my face. "I can't go another day without telling you the truth."

"Jasper, leave!" I yell, my grip tightening around the picture frame. "Get away from me!"

"I can't!" Jasper yells back, his hand quickly reaching forward to grab my wrist. Once his cold fingers make contact with my warm skin, I fling the frame forward. It collides with his head, shattering before falling to the ground in broken pieces.

I yank my wrist out of his grasp, backing away from him until my back hits the wall behind me. Jasper follows me in, taking deep breaths to calm himself. Once he gets within a few inches from me and takes a deep breath, he freezes.

His eyes snap up to mine and terror runs through my veins - his eyes are pitch black.

"You had sex with a wolf!?" Jasper screeches, his hands balling into fists at his sides. I watch silently as he sends his balled hand into the wall beside me, shaking my entire house. "I cannot believe you would do something like that!"

I let out a sarcastic laugh when I notice the anger steaming from Jasper. "Like you have any right to get angry with me!" I cackle.

"I believe I have every right, Thea! You're my mate!" Jasper roars, his usual calm and polite manor nowhere to be seen.

"Spare me with the lies," I roll my eyes, stepping forward so I'm toe to toe with the blonde vampire. "You have no say in my life anymore. You aren't shit, Jasper!"

He opens his mouth to protest but I cut him off.

"So I suggest you leave before you get your ass handed to you by a pack of wolves who'd kill to protect me - unlike you and the rest of the bloodsuckers you call your family," I spit.

Jasper shakes his head. "I'm not leaving until you hear me out. Once you hear why I did everything I did, you'll understand!"

He takes a step forward, his hand gripping onto my hip.

I flinch at the tightness of his grip and shake me head. I suck in a breath and speak, my tone dangerously quiet and calm. "Let me go, Jasper."

"No, not until you listen to me."

"Let me go!" I yell, thrashing around in his arms which have trapped me against the wall.

A loud growl from behind Jasper startles the both of us. Jasper looks over his shoulder, his grip on my not easing.

"You better do as she says," I hear Sam say, more growls erupting from behind him.

I peer over Jasper's shoulder to see Sam and Paul - both in human form - standing in front of Embry, Jared, and Jacob, who are all in wolf form. The growls escaping the wolves' mouths are those of rage.

"Sam, I just need to explain to Thea. That's all - I won't hurt her." Jasper tries to explain, his hands falling from my body.

I immediately duck under his arm, running over to Sam who shoves me behind him quickly.

"That's what you said the last time," Paul growled, pulling me into his side. I turn around in his arms, burying my face into his burning chest.

"This is Quileute land and you have no right to be here - leave, now." Sam's alpha tone is sharp and commanding. "We have no issues against using force against you."

Behind Paul and I, I hear Embry snap his teeth and let out a low sound - one that would be a cackle in human form.

Jasper's face turns hard as he looks past Sam at me. "I'll leave but this doesn't mean I'm waving a white flag."

"You'll be lucky if you ever see her again, leech." Paul spits, his body slightly trembling.

"I will," Jasper says before abruptly turning and stalking off the porch. He's gone in seconds.

Sam turns to me, tucked away in Paul's arms, with a look of anger. He glances back at Embry and nods causing Embry to run off into the forest.

My brother steps forward, taking me from Paul's warm embrace and tugging me into the house. He whispers in my ear as we shuffle up the stairs and into my room.

"You're leaving in the morning."