12 | carlisle cullen

Thea

"Thea, please. Go talk to him," Sam says to me, his car parked in front of the Forks Hospital. His eyes are puffy from the nights he spent crying himself to sleep - I know this because I heard him.

"I'm fine," I snap, my eyes trained forward as I remain in my seat, too stubborn to go inside of the largest building in the town.

"Dammit Thea!" Sam yells, his hands banging against the steering wheel. "You're not fine! You haven't been to school in a week, you barely eat, and you haven't smiled at all. Not even when Bella came over or when Embry did."

"No shit - my sister just died." I yell back, tears burning at my eyes as the sentence I've been telling myself all week finally sinks in.

"Which is why you need to go in there and talk to him, get your medication." Sam's voice saddens when he looks over at me and my shaky hands. "Your tremor is back - Tiffany said that if it came back, you'd need to get back on your meds."

"What does a stupid tremor have to do with anything?" I mutter, my fingers ghosting the door hand. Sam's misery was the only reason I was about to exit the car.

"When you get bad, your tremor comes back." Sam says, looking over at me. His eyes are filled with sorrow and pain. "She told me everything before she died."

"In this hospital?" I ask, my hand gesturing to the building. When he nods, I suck a deep breath in and open the door.

After closing the door, Sam opens the window. "Text or call me when you're done, and don't come outside until I'm out here. Got it?"

"Got it." I say, mustering a small smile at Sam, desperate to help my last living family member recover from his loss.

"I love you, T," he says, a small smile on his own lips. He watches me walk into the hospital, only pulling out when the doors close behind me.

With a sigh, I walk up to the front desk and sign in. The secretary smiles pitifully at me, like everyone else had been since I've set foot in Forks.

I'm sitting in a waiting chair, my head resting against the wall behind me when I hear my name called. I look up to see a handsome, pale as snow man with a clipboard - Dr. Carlisle Cullen.

"Carlisle?" I say, standing from my seat to greet the man I'd met once before. I shake his hand nervously, biting my lip.

"I didn't expect to see you here," he says, sending me a small smile and a reassuring squeeze.

"Sam sent me to see someone here," I mumble, ashamed to admit my problems to the stunning doctor in front of me. "He thinks it will help me."

"Do you think it will?" Carlisle inquiries, his voice doctor-like and oddly comforting.

I shrug my shoulders, my eyes nervously scanning the room. This was something I had picked up after hearing about my sister's death. Whatever, whoever, killed her could be in the same room as me - and I was desperate to not fall to the same fate as her. Sam couldn't take that, losing another family member within days of losing the love of his life.

"Would you rather I see you? Given that we know each other, I feel as if you'd be more susceptible to the idea." Carlisle asks, placing a hand on my shoulder to stop my wondering eyes from, well, wondering.