33 | dear dawson

Dear Dawson,

For the first time since you all left, I feel alive again. The hole in my chest, while still very much there, has shrunk.

I can breathe without feeling like my lungs are on fire. I can laugh and smile without feeling guilty for myself.

I'm not the wounded little girl anymore - I'm actually fucking healing from the scars you and your god awful family left on me.

Why am I happy, you're all probably wondering? Not that you give a shit, just because you want my life to be hell on earth.

Well, Dawson, I'm happy because a guy has showed me how to feel again. How to breathe without pain. How to laugh without guilt. How to live without wanting to die.

His name is Embry Call and he means more to me than anyone in my life. Even you and maybe even Jasper.

Because of Embry, I can stay the name Jasper without completely feeling like my heart has been torn right out of my chest.

Embry cares about me, more than he cares about himself. I guess it's a wolf thing - when you find the special girl, she becomes your reason to live.

Embry's a wolf by the way and I think you already knew that. That there were wolves in La Push. Just another thing to lie about, I guess.

God, Dawson, I can't believe I'm even emailing you right now. Part of me wants to believe you still care for me. And that part of me wants you to know about Embry.

I think I'm falling for Embry, Dawson, and I really hope he doesn't let me down like you all did.

Unfortunately,

Thea