57 | what if

Thea's head rested on Jasper's bare chest, her ears desperately trying to hear the beating of his heart but it was silent. Her legs tangled with Jasper's bare ones. She could still remember how cold they once were but now, they were the same temperature as hers.

Jasper's fingers ran through her long locks of hair. He didn't know which color he liked more on Thea, but each suited her gorgeously. He searched her feelings for any signs of discomfort or regret, but came up with none. Jasper only felt one emotion in her.

And that was love.

"I know you aren't ready to fully let me back into your life but I can assure you that what happened before, will never happen again," he says, peering down at the content girl laying over him.

"I know," is all she says back. Thea knows that Jasper feels awful for what happened. She knows that he thought he was doing what was right, and she knows she can't blame him for that.

As she was now a vampire, Thea can understand the terror he felt around her. The thirst, the strength, the powers. One small drop of blood could result in a death, one wrong move could result in a broken bone.

These were all fears that Thea now faced with her still human family. She was terrified about the big 'what if' floating in everyone's mind now.

What if she had to go away again?

What if she couldn't be around the pack?

What if the Cullens didn't accept her?

Her life was all a big 'what if' and she didn't know what to do about it.

"Dawson and I didn't get along when we were gone," Jasper could feel the mood shift in Thea, beginning to ramble on about the first topic that came to his mind.

"Because he was pissed off at you," Thea stated, knowing fully why Dawson felt so coldly towards Jasper, still to this day.

"I'm unable to describe the feeling he felt whenever he would see me, it was worse than infuriation." Jasper continued to tell. "It was hatred."

"I doubt that he hates you, Jazz," Thea flipped over on his chest, propping herself up to look into the fellow vampire's eyes. "Maybe a strong distaste for your presence but that's all."

"I don't blame him," Jasper says simply. "I broke you."

Thea sighs, pushing herself up into a seated position, her sheets wrapped around her chest. "You hurt me, yes, but I overreacted a tad when you came back. I was too hard on you and I should've let you explain, so that's on me."

He shrugs in response. "You acted in the only way you knew how, I won't blame you for that."

"We should probably go talk to our families, huh?" A long sigh leaves her lips, Thea cringing at the thought of the overdue conversations. Deep down, she knew that she would be accepted into the Cullen clan, but the Wolf Pack was the bigger issue.

Thea was now their sole enemy, the beings they hated more than any other, the reason why each and every one of them phased into wolves. She knew the treaty rules -- no vampires on the Reservation.

But here she and Jasper lay, in her old bed in the Pack house.

Thea figured that Sam and Embry would try to bend the rules for her but she couldn't be sure, all amendments to the laws go through the Tribe's Leaders.

"Lets go, shall we?" She finally says, grabbing her clothing from the foot of her bed. Thea looks back at Jasper with a smile. "Now or never."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Welcome to the family, T!" Emmett cheers, spinning Thea around the second she steps into the living room. "I know this isn't what you wanted but I'll be here to keep you smiling."

Thea snorts, gently patting him on the back. "You had to go there? Thirty seconds after I walk in?"

"You glided, babe," Emmett winks, setting the newborn back into her feet before flitting back to his mate's side.

Rolling her eyes, she shoos him away. "Be out of my sight, peasant."

Without another word, Emmett turns and walks out of the living room, off to do who knows. He earns weird stares from the rest of the group, surprised Emmett had listened to Thea's sarcastic comment.

"Since when does he listen to anyone, especially me?" The newborn questions, glancing back at Jasper.

"It may be because you're stronger than him," Jasper says, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Has that ever happened before, Thea?" Carlisle asks, peering at the girl in question with a bit of wonder.

"Emmett actually listening to me?" She replies, shrugging. "Never."

"No — ," the eldest vampire shakes his head, chuckling. "People obeying your 'orders', so to speak."

"While you were gone, I told a biker to go 'eff' himself and he did." Thea furrows her brows at Carlisle. "Why?"

"He thinks it could be apart of your gift," Edward says, leaning against the wall, Bella absent from his side. Chuckles leave his lips at the mental picture playing in Thea's head.

"Like, manipulation?" She questions, knowing that if her heart was still beating, it would be thundering in her chest.

Jasper places his hands on her shoulders, fingers rubbing at the tension in her. Figuring that this would overwhelm her, he hoped his presence — without actually controlling her mood — would calm her.

"Essentially, yes," Carlisle admits. "But I don't believe it's intentions are not pure."

"So, you think her gift is physical manipulation?" Esme asks, putting the pieces all together.

"Possibly," Edward answers. "Try it out."

"What — no!" Thea protests, shaking her head dramatically. "I don't want to boss people around."

"You should, just to figure everything out," Jasper encourages.

Rubbing her eyes, Thea glances at everyone in the room, trying to decide who to practice on. Her eyes land on Alice, who is perched on the steps.

"Alice, call Bella," she says, biting her lip in anticipation.

They all watch as Alice, without missing a beat, pulls out her phone and begins dialing.

"Throw your phone onto the couch," Thea follows up, not wanting to disturb Bella at the moment.

Her eyes widen when Alice immediately obliges to the newborn's commands, silencing everyone in the room.

"Well, I'll be damned," Dawson says, smiling at Thea. "You're gifted."

•••

YALL IM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. HOPEFULLY YALL CAN FORGIVE ME.

MUCH LOVE !!!

-M