58 | what now

Gentle waves roll against and smooth the sand, the bubbling water calming the nerves that pulse through Thea's veins as she awaits Sam's arrival.

After finding out her gift, the newborn knew that she needed to speak to Sam. She couldn't avoid him or the truth any longer. Thea knew that the Cullens would have no issue with her new identity but the wolves, on the other hand, Thea has no idea.

She didn't know if they would accept her like nothing had changed or shun her, as if they never knew her.

"Tiffany used to come to the beach and sit on the rocks, listening to the waves and the wind." Sam said as he approached, catching the vampire by surprise. "She was here for hours when she got the call about your parents."

With a sad chuckle, Thea watched Sam sit next to her. She watches as he looks her up and down, studying every detail of her face. He had a slight smile on his face but Thea couldn't tell if it was happy or sad.

"I wonder what she would think of us now," Thea thinks aloud. "Wonder what she'd think about the wolves . . . about me being a vampire."

"She would love you just as much as she did as a human, you know that." Sam says, laying his warm hand atop of Thea's cold one. He doesn't shutter at the temperature, not caring what his little sister was.

"What now?" Thea asks, her voice shaky as her nerves got the best of her. "What happens now?"

"We amens the treaty, you come back home, and you live your life as normally as possible." Sam says, as if it was no big deal.

"We both know that can't happen."

Sam cocks his head to the side, peering at Thea. "What?"

She sighs, pushing herself up off the rock while pulling her sunglasses off. She looks at her brother, her red eyes piercing into him. "I'm a threat to the area, Sammy. More kids will turn if I live there — more than they already do with the Cullens around."

"So, are you suggesting that you move away with the Cullens and never see the pack again?"

Thea shakes her head, chuckling. "No, I could never leave you."

"Then what?"

"I live part time at both houses," Thea suggests. "I feed with the Cullens, then stay at the Res until I need to feed again or so. You can't get rid of me, dearest Samuel. Not ever."

Sam sighs. "I can live with that. But do you think Embry will be able to?"

Thea shrugs. "Who knows if the imprint bond will still exist, but he'll survive."

"Then that's what we'll do, if that's what you want." Sam says, standing to wrap his arm around her shoulders, peering down at the short girl.

With a smile and a nod, she says. "That's what I want — for now."

•••

IM SO SORRY FIR THE WAIT. EXTREME WRITERS BLOCK AND STARTING COLLEGE IS A BITCH.

-M