I didn't

-----------------------------------Chapter 7----------------------------------------

Ariella Jameson entered and the first thing that flashed into my mind was Snow White. And I'm sure I wasn't alone with that thought. Everyone turned and collectively gasped as the white skinned, long, billowy black haired girl with large dark blue eyes glided into the room. Even I could see the fluidness of her stride that only a horse-girl could possess.

Nobody made a move until a short red haired woman stood up. She reached for Ariella's hand and introduced herself as Miriam, the leader or chairwoman of the Fighting Changers Association.

The name tumbled in my head and I fought with my memory of where I'd heard and seen the woman before.

And then it clicked. After I'd been visited by Chase, when I'd just arrived and was in the medical bay, Miriam had turned up and offered me a place to stay. Miriam... Mara I think she said was her last name.

Ariella smiled slowly and shook Miriam's hand. I could see the distrust in her eyes, but if Miriam did she didn't show it, nor try to assure her.

"Welcome, Ariella. I do hope you don't mind but after this we'll be throwing you right into training. Don't worry you'll get the hang of things pretty quickly. Nimrah started here only about a week ago, if that, and she's already getting into the swing of things. Isn't that right Nimrah?"

It took a moment for me to register Miriam was talking to me, "uh... what? Sorry uh... Yeah. Yeah things here are pretty straight forward. I've only really been training for two days so I'm probably not the best person to ask... but it seems pretty legit."

A look shot across Miriam's face, well I think it did. It was gone so quickly I'm not certain whether it was really there or if I imagined it... but with my sharp feline senses I don't think I did.

That raised questions for me... Great more questions!

"Mm-hmm," Ariella nodded, "can we just get into it. I'm better when I get going rather than waiting for the ball to drop."

Miriam nodded and plastered a smile, that didn't quite reach her eyes, onto her face, "Of course. I'll put you with Nimrah for the skills training. She hasn't done any of that yet either. After skills is lunch than free time. In that time you'll be appointed your servant. She'll show you about and get you ready for this afternoon training."

"K."

"Ariella! I get that bring a horse gives you the instinct to run away but that's not the solution. We're going to be taking this fight head on! We will not back down and run away. Nimrah! Lunge at me again... NOW!"

I sighed and lunged forward.

"What the hell was that? Bull! That's what it was. Lunge like you mean it. Growl, pull angry faces, sneer, look me in the eye and lunge like you mean to kill me!"

"What? I'm not going to kill you! I'm not going to kill anyone if it can be helped," I said defiantly.

"That's not the attitude we are looking for. I don't want to have to put you into attitude training. Just think of it like... like I'm Dr Onam."

I froze... how could he know about him.

"Really? That's all you got? You hear the guy's name and you freeze. Remember we had Dr Aleksi in there with you. He saw you murder Dr Onam. We all know what you did. What you are capable of. So attack me! I'm Dr Onam! Attack me!"

I sure didn't give our instructor what he wanted. Ariella was staring at me like I was a monster... then again I guess I was. I ran towards our instructor and shouldered him out of my path. He tried to grab me, to stop me but I duck and he grasps thin air. Door in sight I ran across the hall and out into the corridors. There was Chase, standing by the door like some kind of guard. He looked at me, "Nimrah, you can't leave. You're meant to be training."