Her

----------------------------------------Chapter 8----------------------------------------

“Where the hell have you been?” Miriam snapped as I wandered down to Training Room twelve. I kept my head down and tried to just walk past, but Miriam was having none of it and grabbed my shoulder forcing me to stop.

Just leave me alone!

“I beg your pardon,” Miriam snapped and for a moment I swore she was going to hit me.

Crap! I’m projecting. Stupid emotions! Why aren’t I a robot? Life would be so much easier and one day I’d be able to rise up and kill lots of people without regret… GOD! Did I really just think that?

Miriam continued to stare at me, waiting for an answer.

“I was busy…” I said shortly.

“You’re nearly over thirty minutes late! Lon you too.”

Lon crept out from behind me, “Sorry Miriam, t-there was a leak in one of the t-toilets. It took longer to fix than I thought it would.”

I shot Lon a quizzical look. Why the heck was Lon acting so terrified of Miriam?

“And you both happened to coincidentally arrive here at the same time. I don’t think so! You’d better hope there’s nothing going on here or else your contracts here will be terminated. Oh and, you two I expect to work twice as hard for the next two and a half hours or else there will be some kind of a punishment… I’ll think of it soon, and I’ll be creative.”

I rolled my eyes and walked past Miriam, flinging open the doors of Training Room twelve.

Lon followed closely behind, murmuring a, “Yes ma’am,” as he walked past.

“Someone’s a bit titchy. And what’s with you? You act as if you’re terrified of Miriam, which is nuts!”

Lon glanced about as if seeing if there was anyone else in this empty room, “It’s not nuts.” He leaned forward to whisper in my ear, “I know things others don’t… I’ll tell to you when they aren’t watching us.”

I couldn’t help the look of disbelief from crossing my face. Lon however didn’t seem to mind, “Just trust me.”

The rest of the day was spent with me wondering what had Lon’s boxers in a knot. He acted normal asides from constantly throwing looks in my direction, right through afternoon training and into the dinner hall. I selected a large steak and salad for my meal with crunchy chips on the side. Allegro stole the seat to my right with a plate full of fruits and salads including only large banana. I laughed at the stereotype.

“What?” Allegro scoffed before ripping open the banana and devouring it. He shot me a cheeky grin and leaned in to whisper in my ear, “so heard you got busted earlier today…”

I rolled my eyes, trying to keep the smile from my face, but failing. The corners of my mouth tugged up as I playfully punched his arm. Allegro leaned away gripping his arm in an offended fashion, “you cruel being!” he moaned. I snorted, “I wasn’t really busted. I just got a bit caught up and ended up being late for training in Training Room twelve.”

Allegro smirked, “rebel.”

I rolled my eyes again as Lon claimed the empty seat beside me.

“What are we talking about?” he asked casually, but I saw his eyes flick hesitantly, like he knew he wouldn’t like the answer.

Allegro grinned, leaning back in his chair; fingers laced behind his head, “Nothing mate,” he winked, “just Nim’s little rendezvous with…. Toi.”

Nimrahजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें