Chapter Six

I unlock the door and step inside my house. My mom got called away on a business trip and my dad is in California, I think. So it's just me and Devin. I walk upstairs and find a sleeping Devin. He's actually snoring.

I curse myself for being so lame when I grab a pillow and a blanket and lay right next to him, watching him sleep like a true stalker. He wakes up around three in the morning.

"What the...fuck? What happened?" Devin asks.

"I don't know. You stumbled into my house looking like that and drunk, so you explain to me what happened. Here," I tell him as I hand him some medicine and water. He takes it and rubs his eyes. I can barely make out his figure in the darkness.

"How'd your date go?" he asks.

"Good, really good," I say. I think his eyes darken slightly. His mouth is set in a thin line, I know from experience that Devin is not someone who vomits. I got lucky there. He does however get really crabby.

"So, you gonna tell me what happened?" I ask him. He rubs his jaw and winces.

"I'm gonna go back to sleep," he says. His eyes close and pretty soon he's sleeping. I sigh and then look at my watch. I should get to bed. I close my eyes but sleep doesn't come. I grab my phone and then walk downstairs for ice packs and bandages. I also pour myself a cup of coffee. I walk back upstairs and pull Devin's head onto my lap. I gently put the ice packs on his face. He winces but doesn't complain. After that I put a bandaid on his hand where his knuckles are bruised and raw. I stare at it, wondering what happened. Did he get in a fight?

I grab my coffee and drink the rest of it. I walk downstairs to get more and put the stuff back. I catch a glimpse of the clock. 5:57 it reads. I look outside and it's still dark out. The sun should rise soon. I walk back upstairs and check on Devin, he's still passed out. He seems to sleep hangovers off. I grab new clothes and shower quickly and brush my teeth and hair.

When I walk back into the room he's awake. Well, half awake. His eyes are barely open. "Here drink this," I say handing him the rest of my coffee. He shakes his head. I sigh and hand him a water which he chugs. "Thanks," he says wiping his mouth.

"What happened?" I ask him. He shrugs like it's no big deal. "You can't walk into my house drunk and looking like that and expect me not to make a big deal about it," I tell him. He rubs his head, tugging gently on his hair.

"Well, I went home. And then Dad was there and he had Mom backed into a corner. I... went up to him and pulled him away from her and then... he threw two punches. I told him to 'stop fucking an eighteen year old and start treating your wife better' and then he punched me again. I walked out and then went to a party and punched a wall and then started drinking and then I came here," Devin says. He looks down at his hand and at the Hello Kitty Bandaid. He smiles at it.

"Oh, Devin," I say. "Wait, what do you mean fucking an eighteen year old?" He frowns.

"I caught him, a little while ago with some girl," Devin admits.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him. I'm mad at him, even though I shouldn't be.

"Can you really blame me?" he asks. I shake my head. He takes another look at me. "Did you sleep at all?"

"Uh, not exactly-but I'm fine," I tell him. He knows I'm lying. "Do you want to go downstairs? I can make breakfast," I say. He nods. I hand him some sweats and a shirt and walk downstairs. I start making pancakes. I put on more coffee and then Devin comes down a little while later freshly showered and clothed. I set a plate of pancakes and eggs in front of him. I also pour him some orange juice, since he doesn't like coffee.

"Thank you," he says. I grab my coffee and sit down across the table from him. "Aren't you going to eat anything?" Devin asks. I shake my head. "Oh, come on babes, don't tell me you're becoming one of those girls who doesn't eat." He's trying to lighten the mood. He brightens all of a sudden. "I know what will cheer you up," he says, grinning like an idiot.

"What?" I ask flatly.

"There's a Friday the 13th marathon on! There's all of them," Devin says. I smile and nod, it would actually cheer me up.

"I'll make popcorn and grab sodas, you get it ready," I tell him. He nods and walks into the living room. I stick the popcorn in the microwave and then clean up. Devin ate everything, I guess he was really hungry. My phone buzzes. Won't be home tonight. I should be home on Monday. Love you! It reads from my Mom. My phone buzzes twice more. Hey, won't be home until Tuesday. Love you. It reads from my Dad. Hey, you wanna hang out? It reads from Alex. I groan and turn my phone off, leaving it on the table as I walk in with the popcorn and sodas.

I hand a soda to Devin and drink one of my own. I nestle into the couch resting my head against Devin. After the second one starts my eyes are finally feeling heavy. I fall asleep.

When I wake up my arms are wrapped around Devin's stomach, his arm is curled protectively around me. He smiles when he sees me. "I see why you love these movies so much! They're classics and I love Jason! You can't kill him!" he says. I smile.

"How many sodas did you have?" I ask him. He grins sheepishly and we both smile. I untangle myself from him and look up at the screen. "Oh, part four! This one's good. Well, they're all really good actually." I kick my legs over his and grab some of the popcorn. We both laugh and boo and tell the characters what to do.

Devin's stomach growls. "Are you hungry?" I ask him. He just ate a little while ago. I look at my watch and it's 4:00. I guess it was kind of a long time ago. "Okay, what do you want?" I ask him. He pauses it and we both walk into the kitchen. I sigh when I see my phone. I reach for it but Devin grabs it before I can.

"Don't answer it," he says. I nod and then he puts my phone back. He looks around. "Uh, maybe we order pizza." I look around and see that pizza does seem like the best option. He grabs his phone and orders a large deep dish pepperoni.

We walk back into the living room and continue to watch the marathon. The doorbell rings and I jump up. "I'll get it," I say. I walk over to the door and open it. "Hi," I say as I hand the kid money.

"Uh, hi. Here, one large deep dish pepperoni," he says. He shoves the pizza at me and I take it.

"Thank you," I say. He walks to his car and then drives away. I walk back in with the pizza and Devin hugs me. I grab napkins and more sodas, he starts eating the pizza. I hand him a napkin and he's already destroyed two pieces. I grab a slice and then start eating. "Remember to taste," I tell him.

"Pass me another piece," he says. I can barely understand what he's saying because of all of the food in his mouth. I laugh because he looks so ridiculous. I reach for my third piece, he reaches for his seventh.

"Aren't you full yet?" I ask him. He shakes his head and chugs the rest of his soda. "You can have the last piece," I tell him. He hugs me again and then eats the last piece. I eat the rest of my crust and then lean back on the couch. Devin does the same.

"I ate too much," he moans a couple of minutes later.

"You think?" It feels good that Devin's back to normal. We from at each other and then go back to watching the movie. "Guess how many people Jason Voorhees killed?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"I dunno, a couple dozen?" Devin asks.

"A hundred and forty six over twelve movies! Isn't that impressive?" I ask him. He nods and starts laughing. "What?" I ask him.

"Nothing, it's just that, you're so different from everyone else," he says.

"Is that a bad thing? Being different?" I ask him. He stares at me and doesn't say anything. I look away. We both watch the movie.

"So," he coughs awkwardly, "how did your uh, date go?"

"I already told you, but you probably don't remember," I tell him. He stares at me expectantly. "Well it went good. I had a nice time."

"Okay, you see it happening in the future?" Devin asks me.

"Yeah," I say nodding my head and smiling, "Yeah, I do see it happening."