Prologue

They say that life is all about moments. Moments of impact that can possibly change your life forever. Moments that we couldn't possibly predict and that has the power to change your life and the people involved in the impact within a matter of seconds. Some of us are never the ones to believe in these moments. We believe that everything happened according to what you deserve. We think that we don't deserve happiness, but then we meet someone who can change our minds forever.

Lauren, she made Camila believe in these moments; in these things, that brought them together. They remember it all too well, that moment that drew them together. Camila didn't possibly think that she had any sort of reason to live but in the next moment, she was there persuading her not to jump of the metaphorical cliff.        

After that, their friendship and bond grew quickly. She made her see the light in the darkness...no she was Camila's light in the darkness. The little things Camila hated and saw no true beauty in, Lauren made her see something else in it. Lauren was her definition of happiness. The definition of perfection. Eventually through the little laughs, the banter, the longing looks, the endless nights where the young Latina woke up panicked due to a terrible flashback, the nights where she'd just hold her when she cried, the times she kissed Camila's scars, they fell in love.

Camila never thought that someone could love her because she didn't think that she was even worth a second glance, but Lauren, she gave her a second chance at life and she couldn't possibly imagine herself without the green-eyed girl .          

Life is all about moments, but what if one day you could no longer remember any of them? What if one day, you had to look at the woman that you love and tell yourself that it's time to walk away?          

That's the thing about moments like these. You can't, no matter how hard you try, control how it's going to affect you. You just got to let the colliding parts go where they may. And wait for the next collision.