Chapter Thirty Five.Five: Back To December

MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS, LOSERS!!
🎅🏼 🌲 ⛄️ ❄️

Camila decided against following Lauren when she stormed out of the old apartment. This wasn't the same girl she fell in love with. But at the same time, Camila knew she was hurting. She didn't know to what extent but after having the love of your life disappear and didn't have a clue as to her whereabouts, she had only guessed that she had been hurting terribly.

All the women, with the exception of Camila, all piled into Normani's SUV and headed in the direction of Lauren's apartment. If they had guessed correctly, that was exactly where she had gone to.

It was proven correct when they went to the Jauregui's apartment complex and came to a halt in front of Lauren's penthouse door; to be greeted to loud music blaring. Ally tried the door handle but of course it was locked.

"LAUREN!" Dinah screamed as she banged on the door as though her friend would've heard her. "LAUREN COME ON OPEN THE DOOR!"

Mendes grabbed Dinah's hand to stop her before she broke the door down, though that would've been a good idea, but it would've made Lauren even more pissed at them than she already was. "She can't hear us, Dinah."

Normani pulled her phone out and typed something, then slipped into back into her jacket pocket. Two minutes later, the music was a bit softer.

"She lowered the music," Ally stated dumbly. "Did you text her something?" She looked at Normani.

The journalist nodded. "I told her we're here to explain and if she wants to hear us out to lower her music. She doesn't have to open the door because I know she doesn't want to see us, but she should at least listen to us."

"Lauren..." Mendes paused and looked at the girls, "We know you're angry, confused and mostly hurt. We're not asking you to forgive us just yet, we just want a chance to explain. We didn't mean to hurt you. That was never our intention," she paused again hoping that Lauren would've said something, but she knew her friend better than that.

Lauren had grown into a stubborn and easily angered woman. It would take a lot for her to forgive them.

Maggie rested her hand on Mendes' shoulder. "Lauren, you don't know who I am. We've never met, but I heard so much about you from Camila. I met her on the bus the night she ran away from you. The night she told you she loved you," the girls were unaware that Lauren was standing behind the door, hanging onto every single word they had been saying. The woman's heart clenched painfully at the mention of the night Camila ran away. The night everything went downhill for her. "She talked about you so much. She told me she loved you. She still does, so much. And I know it doesn't mean shit coming from me. But you should know that she still has such strong feelings for you."

Ariana spoke up as well. "She didn't know about any of this. If you want to be mad, be mad at us, but Camila is innocent."

"Despite running away from you and trying to kill herself," Normani muttered bitterly, which caused her to receive an elbow to the gut from Dinah. "What the fuck, Dinah? I didn't lie."

The younger woman rolled her eyes. "We did this because Camila wasn't ready to come back yet. She didn't think you remembered her and she didn't think you even loved her. Which we all know you do. You can deny it as much as you want, but we know you still have strong ass feelings for her." Dinah chuckled sadly. "This is what you wanted right? For her to come back?"