Chapter Thirteen: Feelings

(AN) Trigger warning. Self harm. You'd be notified where it is.

Camila's POV

"I'm sorry Mrs Jauregui. We're trying our best here but we can't perform a miracle. We've done all that we can, it's up to Lauren to wake up. Her condition hasn't been deteriorating but at the same time, it hasn't been getting better," I heard Lauren's doctor telling her parents when I approached her room but I stopped because I didn't want to intrude.

Clara seemed so distraught and so did Mike. I can't even begin to imagine what they were going through. I was a wreck, far less for them. Taylor couldn't even make herself to see Lauren and its been weeks. They were always so close and I knew Taylor wouldn't be able to cope seeing Lauren lying on her bed...lifeless.

"Hey Camila," I jumped because I hadn't expected anyone to be around given that it was so early in the morning and the girls had classes to attend. When I turned I came face to face with Taylor Jauregui. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," she chuckled awkwardly.

"It's okay, Tay. Don't you have school to go to?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I do but I..you know..I wanted to see Lauren. Like actually see her. It's been so long and I miss her. I should at least try to face my fears and visit her even if it's just once. She would've done it for me," Taylor sighed looking at her parents who were still in deep conversation with Dr Mahfud.

I rested my hand on her shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. "I'm proud of you, Tay. Lauren would appreciate that."

She smiled at me and then her parents along with Dr Mahfud approached us. "Hello Camila, you're here pretty early," Mr Jauregui commented and I shrugged. It's not like I have anything to do at the moment. I work on weekends at the diner and had no intentions of heading to the photo studio. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay as can be, I guess," I sent him a small smile which he returned. I then turned to my girlfriend's doctor. "How is she doing?"

He sighed. "Like I told the Jaureguis a while ago, she's not improving but she's not getting worse. We just have to have some faith that she'd wake up soon."

"Do you have any idea when she'd wake up?" Taylor asked the doctor and he shook his head 'no'.

"That just depends on her. But hopefully it happens soon. I'm sorry but I have to go make my rounds. I'd let you know if anything happens. Good day," he nodded in acknowledgment and walked off.

Mrs Jauregui looked at their younger daughter, "Ready to go, Taylor?" she asked.

"Um is it okay if I stay back a little bit? Mila, can drive me back. If that's okay with you," she mumbled and her parents looked at me for an answer.

"Yeah sure, it's okay with me," I smiled and they nodded. Clara and Mike gave us both a hug and left for some important work at their company. "So are you ready to go in and visit her?"

Taylor inhaled deeply. "I'm not but this is something I have to do. Wait for me?" I nodded and gave her a reassuring hug. I told her I'd be in the waiting room so she could find me when she's done. On my way there, I bumped in my doctor; Dr Rexha.

"Hey, Camila. How are you doing?" she asked with her smile that drove me up a wall when I was a patient here. I couldn't understand how she could always be so happy around pain and misery.

"Hi, Dr Rexha. I'm doing okay. And you?" I responded adjusting my cast. I couldn't wait until it was time to get out of this.

"I'm great. Thank you. How's your arm? Any issues with it?" she asked.