Chapter Thirty Seven: Give Me Everyday After

Love.

Be with who you love and who loves you. It's as simple and as difficult as that. Love has a way of torturing your soul. It has a way of breaking you down until you're nothing, but in the end everyone says it's worth it. But is it really?

Yes.

Because when it's all said and done, when the terrible part is over, you get to reach across from your bed and snuggle up to your best friend. To the person who makes life a bit more bearable. To your person. To everything you'll ever truly want in this world. So it's okay to be selfish. It's okay to want someone to be yours.

"You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever."

How could that be possible? How could one person change your life so much that you simply cannot fathom a life without them? Maybe it's the way they make you feel, as though you're the only person that matters. They accept you wholeheartedly and wouldn't want to do anything to change you.

But we all have a different take on love.

You may be just one person in the world, but to one person, you are their world. It's so easy to fall in love, but it's so hard to find someone who is willing to catch you.

We're all made of those who built and broke us, so maybe sometimes we're scared. We're scared to let someone in because maybe they'll ruin us the way the person before them did. So we let them go, without giving them the opportunity to love every broken piece of us.

"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But when you put them together, side by side, they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life. What if I had given him or her a chance? What if things had worked out between us? What if I didn't walk away? What if I didn't push them away?

Love hurts, but it is one of the greatest thing that could ever possibly happen to you. Sometimes, you have to stop listening to your head, and start listening to your heart. Life is short, so seize the love that is given to you, don't doubt that it's not worth it. That you're not worth it, because chances are, you are worth it.

You're worth the heartbreak and you're worth being loved.

You can deny it as much as you want, but I'm sure you were thinking about someone. Right? Someone who tried or is trying to break down your walls. But you refuse to let them in.

What are you so afraid of? Why won't you show them who you are in the dark? Show them the scary parts. Show them who you are when it's 3 AM and you're all alone, and when your home doesn't feel like home?

You're scared of your emotions, that's understandable, but what if they don't break your heart? What if they didn't hurt you the way the person before did?

Don't hold yourself back from something, that can end up being one of the greatest things that may ever happen to you.

You are deserving of the purest and most authentic love out there. You deserve to be with someone who makes you feel cared for. Who constantly proves to you that you are worth it. You deserve to be with someone who makes you forget about every person who didn't love you enough to stay. You deserve to remember everything you forgot about love. You deserve someone who doesn't get tired of reminding you what you mean to them and what they'd do for you. You deserve the love you've always dreamed of.

You deserve it.

After all these years, both Camila and Lauren still wanted each other. They still yearned for each other. Some might've said their love story wasn't meant to be. That it was only supposed to be a year. But what they felt then was true love, so why couldn't it still be true love?