Chapter Twenty Seven: She Isn't Coming Back, Is She?

Normani pushed the door to her friend's penthouse open. There was loud music blaring throughout the house. The living room was empty but she knew Lauren was home as her vehicle was parked in front of the apartment complex.

The sound of glass shattering sent a surge of panic through Normani, that she ran to where the noise came from.

"Lauren! What the hell have you done?!" She yelled.

Her bedroom wasn't just a mess; it looked like there was some sort of explosion in there. Clothes were strewed across the floor; pages were ripped out of the books they once belonged in, were scattered everywhere.

The only clues that this uber-chaotic mess was man-made were the fact that Lauren sat in the corner of the room, with shards of glass around her, pictures littered the plush carpeting near the woman.

Lauren didn't look up when her friend barged into her room. The scarlet red liquid made its way out of the green eyed woman's body. It oozed between the spaces of her fingers, where she was clutching a picture.

Normani gasped when she saw the condition of her friend and rushed to her bathroom to grab the first aid kit she knew Lauren kept in the cupboard above the sink, and then she rushed back.

She kicked away some shards of glass before sitting next to her friend. She immediately wrapped a comforting arm around Lauren.

"What have you done, Laur?" She murmured and combed her fingers through the woman's raven hair.

That's when the green eyed beauty turned and looked her in the eyes. They were a dark shade of grey, her cheeks were tear stained and under eyes were puffy.

Lauren laid down on Normani's lap, "She's...she's never going to come back," she sobbed, as she gripped onto her skirt; the scarlet liquid, for sure staining the woman's skirt. "She left me. She left me with no memories but she left a broken heart. I'm trying to fix it but I can't, Mani. I...I..I want her back."

Normani felt her own heart break at the pain and hurt she heard in her friend's voice. She knew that Camila leaving took a toll on her friend but the green eyed woman never once spoke of it. Every time the topic of Camila came up, she got angry or she stormed off.

Eventually, the girls knew not to bring her up. "Laur..." She cooed. There were no words to comfort the woman. She had to let everything out in order to move on.

"I fucking love her, Mani. I. Am. In. Love. With. Her," she punctuated each word as she slowly sat back up. Blood stained Normani's outfit but the older woman paid no mind to it. "But I didn't love her when she needed me to."

Normani opened her mouth to speak, but Lauren shook her head. "Did she even love me? Did she even care about me? Or was that all pretence?" It was a question Lauren always asked herself, but never came up with an answer. She refused to believe that Camila didn't love her, but at the same time, she felt as though she didn't. Because you wouldn't leave the ones you love.

"I saw a future with her, Mani. I wanted to marry her, to have a family with her. That's not going to happen anymore, is it?" Lauren asked dejectedly. "It's my fault isn't it? It's my fault she's gone?"

Normani shook her head. "No. It's not your fault. We don't know why Camila left. But it could never be your fault."

"Yes it is!" Lauren said as she stood up. "If I loved her when she kissed me, she still would've been here. She still would've been with me." She moved to the bed and sat down; staring at the bloodied picture in her hand. Normani came and sat next to her and rested a hand on her shoulder.

She looked over into Lauren's hands and saw it was a picture of Camila and Lauren at a club. It was on one of their many dates. "I hate her. I hate her so much. But I hate myself for loving her." Tears were streaming down the Cuban's face.