Chapter Twenty Two: I Love You

Lauren's POV

"No peeking," I stated sternly, holding onto Camila's soft hand that seemed to fit perfectly into mine.

"How much further?" she whined.

"Just a little bit further...right. You can open your eyes now," I responded. The young Latina opened her eyes slowly and her mouth dropped open.

"Lauren..." she breathed out. Her voice was soft and her facial expression was one of amazement. "Did you do all this?" She asked taking her eyes off the scene in front of us to turn to look at me.

I shrugged nonchalantly

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I got some help from the girls. You know, restricted to a wheelchair," she giggled her giggle that was able to cause my heart to want to burst out of my chest. "Do you like it?" I asked afraid that she didn't like the effort I had put in for her. Friends did these kind of things for friends right?

She smiled at me, "I love it. You didn't have to do this, Lauren. I was just fine with the gift you got me. But I really do love it," she said looking at the make shift movie theatre I got Dinah, Normani and Ally to help me with. Dinah and Normani helped with the heavy lifting and rearranging of everything whilst Ally was kind enough to prepare some snacks for us.

I wasn't able to do much besides tell them where to place what where and Ally what to make, which was some caramel popcorn, nachos, some sandwiches, cupcakes and some fruit punch.

"I'm glad you like it," I sent her a smile. "How does a Harry Potter marathon sound?" I asked and Camila nodded eagerly. I guess she was what they call a 'Potterhead' even though I was not and didn't care about what movie we were to watch, I was just glad to get to spend some time with her. She walked over to the blanket and the pillows that were located at the centre of my backyard.

We settled onto the blanket, Camila had to help me down because I had no idea how I was going to get off my wheelchair and god alone knew how I was getting back on it. But we were going to cross that bridge when the time arose.

One bowl of popcorn, the tray of sandwiches and three movies later, I was starting to get bored of the movie. I had no idea what was going on but Camila was quoting the lines word for word and saying spells as though she were in the movie herself. I had to admit that I found it to be rather endearing.

The way she'd laugh when something funny happened and the distasteful look on her face, when she saw Draco Malfoy. I was a fan of Draco, though. If I were ever to randomly get a letter to Hogwarts, I'd hope that I would be sorted into Slytherin.

I hadn't noticed that I wasn't looking at the movie anymore, but rather, I was gazing at her side profile. I always thought she was beautiful, but there was something about tonight, that I found her to be extremely attractive. My eyes became fixated on the movement of Camila's lips, often moving towards her jaw as she chewed the snacks.