Chapter Twenty Six: You Lying Bitch

(A/N Trigger Warning. Panic Attack)

It had been a little over one month since Camila had been staying with Maggie and working at the girl's restaurant which was called 'A Midsummer's House'.

Maggie's grandmother; who unfortunately had passed away two years ago, had left the restaurant for her granddaughter.

The deceased woman had a love for poetry, drama and everything Shakespeare so she named her restaurant after one of her favourite plays from him.

The cliental had taken such a huge liking to Camila. She was extremely friendly and very hard working, which made Maggie's decision on hiring her newfound friend a brilliant one.

The restaurant owner and the nurse were still searching for any information on Camila but they always came back empty handed. They were slowly beginning to give up hope. It wasn't that they didn't enjoy having Camila as a friend; it was just that the young Latina needed to get back to her own life.

"Hiya, Camzii. It's closing time. Ready to go?" Maggie asked. She was leaning on the door frame, twirling her car keys in her index finger.

Camila was busy wiping a table top when she turned to face her boss slash new best friend. "I just have a couple more tables to clean. Can you hang around a bit?"

The taller girl nodded. She switched on the mini television she had situated on a shelf for her customers to watch. "How was work today?" Maggie asked as she flipped through channels aimlessly.

Camila giggled. "It's not like you haven't been here all day." She moved onto another table.

"I have but I don't know your take on how your day was. I heard your boss is a major asshole," the woman said playfully.

The waitress threw her washcloth at her friend and shook her head laughing. "She's an asshole but she's a good boss and friend." Camila started to clear a table which had a few glasses and plates on it.

Maggie had eventually settled on watching E! News Live. Apparently some big time entrepreneur had been caught in some scandal; she attacked the paparazzi for continuously shoving his camera in her face.

"Get your fucking camera out of my face," the Latina froze when she heard that familiar husky voice that tormented her dreams for the past few weeks. She spun around quickly; her breath was caught in her throat.

It was her.

Lauren.

She still looked effortlessly beautiful whilst fighting off the paparazzi. Her hair and shirt had been messed up in the scuffle. She had developed a lot over the past three years. Her lips got fuller, her eyes had changed colour; they were no longer the vibrant, bright green she once loved, they had turned grey, if that was possible, her cheekbones were more prominent, she seemed to have lost a lot of weight, under her eyes had dark bags; as though she hadn't slept in weeks.

But nonetheless, she was still beautiful. Then there was her.

"Lauren, stop it!" She yelled as she tried to pull the older woman off the man. Lauren released her grip on him. She was still seething but fortunately for the cameraman, the entrepreneur left him alone.

Camila Mendes.

Even though Lauren didn't let much people into her head, Camila Mendes was one of the few persons, nowadays that could have calmed the Cuban down.

This new Lauren wasn't whom Camila remembered her to be. She was aggressive, she seemed cold and distant. She didn't seem to be her Lauren anymore.