Chapter Fifteen: Who Are You?

(A/N Brace yourself kiddies 😉)

Lauren's POV

I had been lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling trying forcibly to remember something, anything before this damned accident. But the more I tried, the more my head began to hurt.

Everywhere was aching. The painkillers that I was given by Toni...Dr Mahfud were of no use. It did not subdue any of the pain.

My family were the first to visit me and treated me as though I was made of glass but I didn't blame them. There were so many tears exchanged between my friends and family. I didn't understand why until I was told just how badly injured I was and for how long I was in a coma. Everyone had come to visit me but why did I feel like someone was missing?

My throat started to feel like the Sahara and I saw that there was a glass of water not too far away from the bed, I tried stretching to reach it but I couldn't reach far before groaning in pain.

"Let me help you," I paid no attention to the voice coming from the doorway. Continuing to be my stubborn self, I tried to grab the glass of water. The owner of the voice managed to grab the glass before me and brought it to my lips. "All good now?"

It was only when she removed the glass from my lips, I saw her. She was beautiful. She had the most mesmerizing smile and her eyes, oh god, I could get lost in that pool of chocolate.

But why was I saying this? I couldn't help feel something on the inside seeing this girl

I nodded. She awkwardly stood there. I could tell that she wanted to ask something but she was going through an internal battle whether to ask or not.

"So um, how are you feeling? No wait that's a dumb question. You're in the hospital so obviously you're not okay," I cut off her rambling by giggling which caused her to blush red in embarrassment. I couldn't help it even though it caused my ribs to ache.

"I'm as good as I can be," I smiled and she nodded. A silence fell upon us and I could see that she was feeling awkward but it seemed fine to me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Y-yeah," she stuttered out.

I sighed. "Who...who are you?" the moment those words left my lips, I could practically see the girl's heart being shattered, her facial expression changed to a deep frown, her eyes started glistening and all I wanted to do was to wrap my arms around her to make everything okay. But I couldn't because I didn't know her, or did I?

"I'm Camila. I'm your Camila. Y-you don't remember me?" she asked, her voice was weak with tears in her eyes that were threatening to fall. But there was something about that name, that name, I felt as though I knew it and something about this girl that seemed all too familiar but yet unfamiliar at the same time.

"No," I said softly and the tears began, she was about to run out of the room but able to grab her hand to stop her from doing so. I felt a sense of familiarity when my fingers touched her skin. "Please, don't cry," it was a shit way to comfort the girl but I didn't know what to do. She stood there silently crying until I spoke up again, "You said you were, um my Camila. What did you mean by that?"

She sniffled a bit and looked at me dead into my eyes, I felt a raging feeling in my stomach and my heart was hammering in my chest, "I'm your girlfriend." She had used present tense meaning that she still saw me as her girlfriend even though I couldn't remember her.

Somehow the news was both shocking and it wasn't. I had slept with a few girls before the accident but I've never had a 'girlfriend' per say. Maybe it was just her, but I couldn't help the way I was feeling with her standing there looking at me with so much...love?