Chapter Twelve: Living With Her

AN: This chapter is only flash back.

Trigger Warning: Mentioning of self harm. You'd be notified when to proceed with caution.

*Flashback*

"Well, we're here," Dinah said as she pulled up in front of an apartment complex. She shut off her car and looked over her shoulder to see Camila sleeping. She nudged Lauren and pointed towards her backseat. Dinah sent her a wink and exited her vehicle, not before throwing her car keys at Lauren to lock it.

Catching the keys, Lauren, got out the vehicle and opened the back door to get to Camila. She thought about carrying her but she wasn't too sure if the girl would appreciate that and she can't really walk that much with her leg. She looked down and saw a bruise had already formed on it. So she shook her gently, "Camz. Hey wake up. We're here," she whispered causing the other girl's eyes to fly open; fear evident in them. "Hey, it's just me. Relax."

"I'm sorry. Thanks for waking me up," she realized that Lauren was looking at her with a smile on her face. Her emerald eyes felt as though they were boring into her soul and the girl could see everything she was hiding from her. "Lauren?"

"Yeah, Camz?" Camila felt her insides react strangely to the nickname but she ignored it.

"Are we going to head inside?" She asked shyly under Lauren's gaze.

The older girl seemingly snapped out of her daze and backed away from the car, "Oh yeah, right. Follow me then," she stood there rubbing her neck awkwardly. Camila grabbed her bag from the car and closed the door behind her. She looked up and gasped when she saw the building.

Huge was an understatement, as far as the eye could see, that's how far the building went. She stopped following Lauren to gape at the building, there was a large pool located in the centre, with pool chairs around; with some persons sprawled on them, there were trees planted strategically around the front of the complex.

To Camila, it looked as though it was a resort. What shocked her even more was the sign by the apartment complex. It read, "Welcome to the Jauregui Apartment Complex." She gasped in shock.

"Wow, this is Lauren's parents own as well?" Camila whispered to herself but Lauren managed to hear her seeing that she realized that the brown eyed girl had stopped following her and went back to look for her.

"Uh yeah, it is. My parents are entrepreneurs. They own a chain of restaurants, hotels and apartment complexes around," Lauren said looking at the girl who jumped at the sound of her voice. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I just noticed you weren't following me so I came to look for you."

"Oh. I'm sorry for snooping around. I didn't mean to.." Camila mumbled. She didn't know Lauren was this rich or rich to begin with. Now she started questioning herself even more as to why someone like Lauren was willing to help her. The little interaction she had with rich people, they weren't nice to her but Lauren; she was clearly different from the others. That much she could admit.

"Hey, it's fine. I can give you the grand tour after we get you settled in, yeah?" Lauren smiled at her and Camila nodded.

This time, Camila followed behind the green eyed girl, still gawking at everything especially when she entered the building. When they entered the lobby, Lauren was greeted by someone behind the desk, "Hello Miss Jauregui," the greying man sent a warm smile. "And hello Miss Jauregui's friend," he smiled brightly.

"Hey, Alfred. This is Camila," Lauren introduced and Camila just smiled shyly. "Your mother visited earlier on, but I told her you were still out with Ms Hansen. She left you this," Alfred handed her an envelope which Lauren thanked him for and she then led Camila to an elevator. They went up to the top floor which was level fifteen.