Chapter Thirty Four: First Time

(AN Smut ⚠️ 😬)

Lauren's POV

My birthday was two days away.

And I can honestly tell you, that I most certainly wasn't even excited. I was turning 24 and what did I have to show for it?

Yes, I know I had my degrees in Political Science and Management of Business. I was establishing my parents' empire whilst my sister was finishing up her degree in law, so that she can begin her career and make the Jauregui name even better than it already was. I had friends who cared about me, even though sometimes I chose to ignore it and treat them like shit.

If I ignored my problems for one minute, I would see how much they cared; especially Dinah, who I hadn't spoken to since our disagreement. Every time I picked the phone up to call her, I couldn't because I knew I screwed up. She meant well, they all did. But as usual, I was too caught up in my head to realise it.

I sighed heavily before exiting my penthouse. I locked the door on my way out and headed to the elevator. My neighbours greeted me and I gave a curt nod in acknowledgment like I usually did.

When I stepped out of the elevator, the door attendant's eyes found mine and he approached me quickly. "Good morning, Ms Jauregui. I have a letter for you. The person said it was urgent."

He held out a white envelope and I looked at it. I knew exactly what was going to be in there. Another one of those stupid letters that sent me on a wild goose chase or dragged me down memory lane. It made me think back upon the things that I didn't want to, things that I tried to push away.

Whoever was doing this, I hated them for it.

As much as I wanted to ignore those letters, I couldn't. Something always forced me to rip them open because I wanted to know what was written in it so badly. And I guess, a part of me, even though I didn't want to admit it, I still wanted to remember them because they were some of the best moments of my life.

"Jeffrey, can you describe the person who dropped this off?" I pleaded with him. I needed to know who was doing this. I wanted to confront them and ask them why. Was my feelings just some sick joke to them?

Jeffery frowned and shook his head. "I really can't, Ms Jauregui. She was a woman, tall. But she had a hood pulled over her head and sunglasses shielded her eyes. So I didn't get much of a view."

I ran a hand through my hair. "Didn't that seem sketchy to you at all, Jeffrey?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am. The woman was insistent on you receiving this letter. My apologies," I scoffed. Jeffrey took his eyes off me to look at the door, I followed suit. And to my surprise, there was a woman just as Jeffrey described peering at us through the front door. "Ma'am, that's the woman right there." He pointed.

It was as though the woman heard what Jeffrey said, as she took off running. I tossed my brief case at Jeffrey and tucked the letter into my jacket's pocket and sprinted after her. The woman was fast, I'd give her that because the moment I ran outside, she was nearly out of my sight. I propelled my legs forward as fast as I could have.

I needed to put an end to this nonsense once and for all. So I had to catch her. I had to know why she was doing this.

I was weaving in and out of people. Though, I managed to bump into a few, but I didn't apologise because I really didn't care enough to. There were so much people on the streets that I had lost the woman in the crowd.

However, I wasn't going to give up. I pushed through until I spotted the hooded woman again. She wasn't running anymore and I didn't understand why.