Chapter Twenty Five: Ice Queen

*At the Jauregui headquarters*

The elevator dinged and the door opened to reveal a woman clad in a black body fitting dress that was just under her knees, with a pair of black Jimmy Choos to compliment her outfit. Her straightened, raven hair cascaded down her back. She stepped out elevator, with her trench coat draped over her right arm and her left clutching her black Gucci briefcase.

Upon seeing the woman, everyone within a five mile radius could've sensed she was in a terrible mood; her Jimmy Choos stomped into the granite flooring. Everyone scampered to their respective desks, not knowing whether the woman was watching them or not, as she walked on by, due to her sunglasses shielding her eyes.

She flung her trench coat at the intern sitting behind a desk. "I want my coffee yesterday," the CEO who had an air of fear and power emanating from her said. She pushed through a glass door that had her name situated on it.

The intern quickly grabbed the trench coat and placed it on the coat rack whilst she hurriedly grabbed the coffee that was sitting on her desk, and then she practically sprinted behind her boss. She took a second to compose herself before opening the door to be met with her boss sitting at the edge of her desk whilst having a heated conversation on her iPhone in Spanish.

"Adios," she ended the call. The raven haired woman stretched her hand out and the intern instantly placed the cup in her awaiting hand.

Another woman entered the office with an iPad in hand and a box that had the Starbucks logo on it. "You're late, Mendes," the raven haired woman said whilst sipping on her coffee and scrolling through her phone.

"Well good morning to you too, Miss Jauregui. You seem rather chipper this morning. Here have a bagel," the petite woman who was dressed in a neutral coloured, black pant suit with a white blouse, a coloured pair of Miu Miu to make her outfit pop.

Despite Miss Jauregui not wanting her employees to wear much colours these days, the woman who went by the name Mendes decided to break the rules a bit. She had her hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail and some thick framed glasses perched on her nose.

"No?" She gestured the box at her boss but she refused. "Fine. More for me," she said placing the box down on the desk and taking a bite out of a bagel.

A small smiled pulled at the raven haired woman's lips. "Did you confirm my appointment with, Jeffrey?" She asked setting down her cup of coffee and looking intently at her assistant.

"I'm so sorry, Lauren but I actually did confirm it last night, I'm just not sure what happen," Mendes tried to reason with her boss.

"You may be my friend, Camila but excuses for your incompetence does not interest me," she scoffed and stood up making the rounds to sit behind her mahogany desk. Camila rolled her eyes subtly. "You," Lauren said pointing at her other assistant, "I need you to ensure that the reception area for the wedding is decorated to perfection and that everything is in order."

The intern nodded and didn't move. "Why are you still standing here?" Lauren asked finally taking her sunglasses off and raised a challenging eyebrow. The intern's face flashed with panic and scurried off muttering a soft, "sorry ma'am."

"You should at least try to be nicer to her. The poor thing is always scared out of her mind," Camila suggested as she took a seat into the plush leather chair, opposite to the green eyed woman. "And don't give me the 'I had to be a bitch to get to where I am,' because your parents literally entrusted their chain of companies with you because they thought you were competent enough to run it," Mendes crossed her legs. "You're very competent, Lauren but you've changed these past few years and believe me I understand, but it's not Alycia's fault, my fault and it's definitely not yours." Camila tried reasoning with her friend.