Chapter Nineteen: Making Progress?

(A/N Holy shit we're at 50K?! Thank you so much for reading 😭 Y'all too nice to me🦋)

Dinah, Normani and Ally pulled up in front of Lauren's home in the Polynesian's black Audi. Normani was the first to get out of the vehicle. "God, Dinah! When will you ever learn to drive?" the girl asked leaning against the car breathing heavily.

Dinah chuckled and rolled her eyes at her friend. "You're alive aren't you?" she asked locking the car once she and Ally exited. Ally was struggling with three boxes of pizza, whilst Dinah had their bags of clothing for the night and a bag of snacks; well hot Cheetos and some preserved mangoes for Lauren because she knew just how much her friend loved mango.

"Barely. Ally, please tell her she drives like a lunatic," Normani said moving away from the Audi and grabbing two boxes from the shorter girl. Dinah looked at her expectantly.

"She's right, Di. You do drive like a lunatic but we got here quick and we're alive," Dinah scoffed. She was offended that her friends critiqued her driving; though everyone basically still rode with Dinah because her car was the most comfortable and luxurious, besides Lauren's.

Ally rung the doorbell and they didn't have to wait long for it to swing open and be greeted to Taylor Jauregui, the younger sister of Lauren. "Hey guys, come in," she stepped aside allowing the three older girls to enter. "Lauren's up in her room. Mom's helping her into the bath. She'd be done soon," Taylor said informing the girls about Lauren's whereabouts.

Normani and Dinah made themselves comfortable on the couch, whilst Ally sat on the recliner and Taylor on the couch's armrest.

"How have you been, Tay?" Normani addressed the younger Cuban. "We haven't seen you around much."

Taylor shrugged. "I've been okay. Just busy with school. Gotta keep my GPA up to get into Yale. How are you guys?" she inquired.

"We've been good. Just school, school plus work for Ally and our constant worry over Camren," Dinah sighed.

Taylor nodded, "Speaking of Camila, why didn't she come? Lauren seemed a bit disappointment when she declined her invite."

Dinah kinked an eyebrow and looked at Normani who had the same expression. They seemed to be having a silent conversation. Ally sat there looking at the interaction, oblivious as to what was going on. The girls were interrupted by footsteps coming down the staircase.

"Oh girls, you're here! It's nice to see you," Clara greeted them. "Lauren is in her room. You ladies can head on up."

"Nice to see you too, Mama J," the three girls all said in unison, grabbing their bags and the pizza, Taylor grabbed some drinks and followed them upstairs to Lauren's room. They knocked on the door and heard no response, so they turned the doorknob slowly and saw that Lauren was lying in bed staring at something intently on her phone.

"Hey, Laur," Ally greeted causing the green eyed girl to jump and she threw her phone under her pillow and wiped at her eyes. This not going unnoticed by her friends.

"Hey, Ally, Mani. DJ. I didn't know you guys were here already," Lauren said with a gentle smile on her face.

Normani set down her boxes on the table and went to give her friend a hug, "Hey loser. How are you feeling?" she asked pulling away from the hug.

"I'm alright. Getting there. C'mon guys, give me a hug," she directed at Dinah and Ally who approached her and hugged her. They exchanged some usual banter but the girls couldn't help but find something off about Lauren tonight.

"I guess I'd leave you four to your sleepover. Holla if you need anything. Good night, girls. Night Lo," Taylor said hugging her sister and waving at the girls before exiting the room.