Falling Fast

John smiled when he spotted you walking through the offices. You'd been so busy with your nose on one of the huge books Michael had given you to check that you didn't notice the doors or the objects in your way.

"Move." John hissed when someone stopped in your way and he had to steer you back to your desk.

"You know you like her right, we can all tell." Finn pointed out as his brother sighed and sat next to him.

"Shut it Finn, she just works for me." He chuckled fondly as he glanced at you.

"Yeah, but you wish she was doing a different job don't ya John Boy." Arthur teased as he and tommy joined them at the table.

"I dunno what you mean." John grumbled.

The rest of the afternoon was filled with teasing, sly jokes that went over your head but seemed to fluster John as he avoided looking at you.

"(Y/N) can I have a word?" John asked one afternoon.

"Yeah sure." You smiled and hurried over to him.

"You guys want to piss off yeah?" He threw a glance at his siblings who shrugged and shuffled off, muttering about him being so rude.

"Is there something I can do?" you asked quickly when he started to fidget nervously.

"Yeah, sit and um... enjoy yourself?" He told you nervously. "Actually, I needed to tell you something.

"Oh right." You eyed him nervously, watching as he started shuffling.

"I like you a lot, I have for a while now and... I wanted to ask if you..." He stuttered out and looked as if he might faint.

"You like me?" You asked, unsure if he meant what you thought he did.

"Yes, I like you... romantically and I..." He sighed with frustration and decided to stare at his shoes as he tried to find the words.

"I like you to." You whispered so quietly the he wasn't sure if you'd even said it.

"You do?" He asked hopefully, smiling when you nodded with a shy smile plastered on your face.