Jealous

You laughed as your dance partner span you. John hadn't wanted to dance so you'd sat alone while he talked with people. He didn't notice the man coming to ask for a dance or your polite decline.

He did however, notice when the man returned and you relented and accepted. You danced for most of the night, laughing and joking until other partners offered themselves up for a turn. John watched you carefully after that. His focus on the people who were talking to him vanished completely.

"Having fun?" He asked when you stopped for a drink before going to head back to dance.

"So much fun, it's a shame you don't like to dance." You hummed with a sly smile, hurrying back and immediately becoming the focus of the dance floor.

Once the pub started to close John took his chance to grab you by the arm and started storming home. You rolled your eyes when he hurried to unlock the door and let you push past him.

"You know I said I wanted to dance." You pointed out which made John scoff at you as he lent against the wall.

"Yeah you did, didn't expect you to dance with anyone who offered." He said through a grunt as you headed to your bedroom. "Coulda' asked... might have..."

"I can hear you grumbling... you aren't jealous are you?" You asked and he shrugged, not looking at you.

"Nope not me." He scoffed and tried to look nonchalant.