Rivals

England was different than you had expected. Your uncle had travelled over at the behest of your father. He'd wanted to expand his business and England seemed like a good place to start. According to your father.

You'd travelled over from Italy with him. His choice to teach you everything about his business had upset your mother no end and she had decided to stay behind. But it had helped him on more than one occasion when making deals. He set up his business between Birmingham and London. It hadn't taken long for rivals to come sniffing around his business. You'd been sent to Birmingham to try and barter a deal with the local gangsters.

When an invite to one of Tommy Shelby's parties was sent your way, your parents insisted that you go. The party was frivirouls and outlandish. The Shelby brothers prowled through the crowd like a pack of wolves.

You caught the eye of the third eldest. He smirked and muttered something to his brother. Swiping a glass of a tray a waitress carried past he downed the drink, approaching the bar and leaning against it he looked you up and down.

"Haven't seen you around before."

"No, you haven't."

He raised his eyebrows. Clearly he was used to girls swooning at the first sight of him.

"Where're you from?" He asked quickly.

"Italy."

You could see the fact that you weren't giving him the answers he wanted, or swooning over him and his brothers. He nodded and the frustration caused a soft flush to cover his face. He glanced at his brothers and shrugged, leaving you out of frustration.

Over the next few months you met with the Shelby family. John showed more interest in you than the others. He would be the one to pick you up and drive you to the meetings. He'd drop you off too.

On occasion he would show up when you were attending other events. It didn't take long for you to enjoy meeting him. You'd flirt just enough to have him helplessly doe eyed.

Despite warnings from your father you spent more and more time with John until the two of you were quite fond of each other.

"(Y/N)!" John called as you left the Shelby offices. You'd just finished another meeting with Tommy and had to go back to London later that evening.

"Mr Shelby."

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to dinner." John said quickly. He smiled when you glanced around and agreed, reluctantly.

He took you to a restaurant out of the way. Somewhere lovely but hidden. "You know if anyone finds out about this my father will have revenge."

"I had to risk it just once." He said quickly as he smiled. Motioning for your food to be brought out he poured you a glass of whiskey.