Don't Tell Him

Tommy looked furious. You'd known the Shelby family since you were young and everyone would joke you would end up married to John. Poll swore the day you married your husband John's heart broke, but he found someone else and things went on the way they had for years. Until now.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Tommy snapped as he waited for you to pack your things, his presence the only thing keeping your husband at bay.

"Because you lot would lose it." You hissed and grabbed the last of the things and let Tommy lead you out to his car.

"You think we shouldn't after what he's done?" Tommy fixed you with an assessing look and started the car.

"You can't tell John." You mumbled and he shook his head. "Please Tommy."

The car ride to the house was silent and you let him lead you to a room at the end of one of the many corridors. There was a stream of people that came in and out of you room to see you, Tommy had told Poll, who decided that everyone needed to know so they could rally around you.

You weren't sure if they'd kept it from John or he just hadn't come to see you yet, at any rate you were glad, knowing when he did know he'd over react and rush to defend you even if it was unnecessary.

"John!" You gasped, looking up from your book and scrambling to your feet, letting it tumble to the floor.

"You didn't think I'd do something, that I'd help you?" John asked as he walked towards you and you backed against the wall.

"I... I didn't." You started but he shushed you and cupped your face in his hands.

"Listen to me (Y/N), I love you and I always have, but I'm not letting you go back." He stroked a hand across your cheek. "I'm going to talk to him."

"No John you can't." You gasped as he pulled away.

"We'll just talk." John muttered and hugged you, his nose nuzzled into your hair.