One More Makes Five

You lay still in bed, secretly enjoying the few minutes of silence before John stumbled home. You loved John and your children but the silence that fell over the house gave you a few moments to relax, except tonight there was no relaxing.

It had taken you a long time to be sure but you were pregnant again. You knew John loved you and the children but he'd slowly become more and more exhausted, you weren't sure how he'd react to another one.

By the time he got home you'd fallen asleep, he looked in on the children, tucking the blankets tighter around them. He headed to your room and sighed as he took in the sight of you, your chest rising and falling slowly, hair a loose tangle around you.

He stripped and slowly climbed into the bed, careful not to wake you, his arms sliding round you as he let out whispered groan when his muscles relaxed. He stopped when his arm sliding around your waist, he'd seen the little signs for weeks now, by know you'd know but you still hadn't told him.

In your attempt to hide your growing stomach you began wearing baggier clothes, thick woollen jumpers and John often found you asleep before he got back. He didn't understand why you hadn't told him yet, he loved all your children and sure another one would be more work but the thought had him smiling to himself as he went about his work.

He came home a little earlier than normal, finding you cleaning up after the children who were fast asleep. He hurried to help you after he checked on the children, trying to convince you to sit so he could clean up for you instead.

"John I'm fine." You laughed quietly.

"Why don't you just leave it?" He hummed as he pressed a kiss to your neck.

"Because it'll get worse when the kids get up." You sighed.

"Then let me ask Tommy to get someone to help you." John mumbled.

"Why, I don't need help." You mumbled nervously.

"No?" John chuckled. "You gonna handle five of 'em on your own?" He smiled when you turned and looked at him with wide eyes, his hands gently settling on your stomach.

"You knew?" You asked quietly.

"Course I fukin knew (Y/N), I married you when we were sixteen I know everything about you." his chuckle was muffled by your lips pressing to his and soon he'd lifted you up off the floor and deepened the kiss.

"I thought you'd... be mad or somethin'." You mumbled as you snuggle into his shoulder.

"No... Alright maybe we should hold off after this one... can't keep five kids in two bed rooms much longer." He grinned and tangled a hand in your hair. "Lucky the kids are growing out of their stuff huh."

You smiled and looked down to where his hands gently trailed your tiny bump, a happily smug look on his face as he looked up at you and grinned happily.