A Wedding

"Nervous John Boy?" Arthur asked as he and Tommy joined John outside and started the slow walk to where the main wedding party had gathered.

"Nah it's (Y/N)." John chuckled.

"Not worried that she's not going to walk down the aisle?" Tommy joked and John scowled at him.

"Bloody 'ell Tommy you know how to make a man feel good about his wedding day." John snorted and the group started laughing.

They marched their way up to the main group and people slowly began to face the front. Ada jogged up to John's side and muttered for him to prepare himself and moments later you were in his sights.

"You look perfect." He muttered when you let him take you hand, rubbing his thumb over the back of yours.

You blushed and glanced down at your hands, the whole day having you utterly overwhelmed. The ceremony was over quickly, neither of you minded, you go to go down to the fields and drink and dance around a huge bonfire.

"And how're you feeling Mrs Shelby?" Freddie asked as he snuck into the full blown Shelby party that seemed to fill every street.

"Very happy." You insisted. "Now go and find Ada and tell Tommy it's my wedding day and I say everyone has to be ask happy as me."

He chuckled as your words came out slurred and pointed you out to John who was accepting some congratulations. He jogged over to you and gripped your waist with both hands, lifting you into the air, and settling you back down when your arms wrapped around his neck.

"I love you Mrs Shelby." He hummed as he lent down to kiss you.

"And I love you to, Mr Shelby." You smiled into the kiss and his hand tugged off your veil so he could loosen your hair and tangle his hands into it.