Triplets

"John." Polly said sharply as John groigly strolled into the room and the family stopped talking immediately.

"Look, I get that you're all gossiping but if (Y/N) hears..." John trailed off.

"We know John, I'm going to take care of her for a while. I spoke to a doctor and he says she could be stressed." Polly muttered and John nodded appreciatively and headed off.

"It must be hard." Ada said before her brothers could start their teasing. "They marry at eighteen and still haven't had kids."

Her words immediately squashed any desire to riib John and they all felt bad for the teasings they'd given John in the past.

"It'll happen." Arthur said assuringly. No one else said anything allowing an awkward silence of doubt to fall over the room.

"ADA!" Polly shouted from upstairs.

"Bloody hell what's she want now?" Ada grumbled as she shook her head and strolled out into the hall.

"Ada, call a doctor for (Y/N)!" Polly said hurriedly as she rushed from the landing to your room.

You woke hours later in an unfamiliar room. When you tried to sit up Ada hurried over to fuss you. "Careful. John thought you'd near died. He and Polly are with the doctor now." She explained.

"What happened. I've been i'll and I... I felt so dizzy." You muttered with a groan.

"You fainted, the doctor couldn't wake you so we brought you to the hospital." She smiled when you nodded and sat back in the bed.

"Ah, Mrs Shelby you're awake." The doctor said as he, John and Polly walked in. Polly rushed to check if you were feeling alright while John buzzed nervously beside you.

"Well what's wrong with her?" John asked sharply as he gently held your hand.

"Well, we can't be sure until a few months but given your symptoms I'd say you're pregnant. We're just not sure why it's affecting you this way." The doctor gesture to the bed as you tried to sit up but felt your head spin.

*****************************************

John paced outside the door as he waited. "It's taking too long." He complained. He'd heard a baby cry but no one had gotten him and Polly told him to wait until she fetched him.

"John these things take time." Tommy said, teasing John a little for his impatience.

"John." Ada said as she popped her head round the door and beckoned him in. When he stooped into the room his eyes landed on you first. Tired, covered in sweat as Polly helped you clean up.

Then he saw the wriggling heap in the bassinet beside you. When he got closer his eyes widened. "There's three! We have have three!" He grinned and then laughed, there was a second of panic that flashed over his face but it was quickly forgotten as he became overjoyed again.

"John Jr, Arthur Thomas and Polly Marie Shelby." You said softly as he watched them.

"There's three!" He gasped grinning and Polly gently set one of the babies in his arms.