Competition

You slammed into Polly's house like the devil was on your heels, she only just had enough time to move out of the way. "You're so irritating!" You seethed and went to hit John when you found him leant in the doorway chuckling.

"Oh, you two. Calm down." Arthur joked as your shouting drew the rest of the boy into the room where Polly had a firm grip on your wrist.

"I still did better than you." He taunted and you huffed in unwilling defeat.

"You two better not be fighting at the party tonight." Tommy said as he shook his head. "I'm counting on you Princess."

"We both know I can come through better than John." You sighed and tossed a pillow at him.

If you had been younger John would have pounced on you and Arthur would have probably been swept up in the fight between the two of you which was often ended by Tommy. But now John simply shrugged and laughed it off, making several remarks as he headed to the kitchen.

"The day the two of you admit to liking each other will be a godsend." Polly sighed as she poured you a cup of tea.

***************

"Here we have (Y/N) the princess, my brother's, Finn and John." Tommy winked as he introduced you and you rolled you eyes at the nickname.

"It's a pleasure." You muttered to the person that was following Tommy.

"Yeah until you start being mean." John sighed quietly and you kicked him under the table. You continued bickering and shooting glances at each other. You were honestly surprised that Tommy's 'friend' hadn't noticed the gestures you were flinging at each other.

Arthur sighed and shook his head before slapping his hands on Tommy and Michael's shoulder. "Fifty says the sort it tonight."

"Nah, (Y/N)'s probably gonna hit him and leave." Michael said through a chuckle as he glanced at Tommy who simply smiled and waved his own money at his brothers.

By the end of the night John had wound you up so much you stormed off and started stomping home. He rushed after you when his brother's all gave him a look.

"Princess!" He chuckled, lighting a cigarette as he caught up with you. He caught your wrist and spun you around, smiling when you slumped against the wall and frowned at him. "I'm sorry."

"You're so annoying." You sighed and he nodded, flicking his cigarette away.

"I know." He sighed and cupped your face, stroking your cheek as you looked up at him. Gently he leant forwards and kissed you softly.

"Yes, I win!" Arthur cheered and you both pulled away to see Arthur. Tommy and Michael laughing.