Twins

"Where do you think you're going?" Poll snapped as she stopped John from following after his brother's to the train.

"Tommy's got some business to finish up in London." John huffed having already argued over him going away with you that morning.

"You know you're a bloody fool John, what happens when you don't make it back in time to see your child be born?" Polly waited for John to answer and sighed when he shrugged.

"I'll be back home tomorrow evening and the doctor said she's probably got more than a week to go." He went to move past Poll who turned to watch him hurry after the others.

"Trust me, when you come back (Y/N) will have a child in her arms." Poll called out and he hesitated before continuing.

"John come quick!" Ada yelled as the boys all hopped out of different cars.

"What's going on?" Tommy questioned his sister who was trying to hurry her brother along.

"It's (Y/N), Poll said to get you as quick as I could." With that she hurtled off leaving the boys to panic over her lack of information.

When they reached the house they found the door left wide open and pained sounds coming from inside. John jumped up the stairs two at a time, Arthur close behind while Tommy checked with the people who'd gathered outside.

"Put those guns away I won't be having any of that here!" Poll bellowed and as soon as he'd tucked his gun away John's eyes fell on you.

"(Y/N)?" He said softly as he knelt down next to you and gently stroked the forehead of the sleeping baby in your arms.

"John you need to take the baby, there's going to be twins." Ada said as she helped you hand over the baby to her father who carried her over to where Arthur and Tommy were stood, her uncles quick to fall into their adoring rolls.

Hours later John was sat at the edge of the bed, looking into the Moses baskets that held his sleeping daughter's. You wearily moved and smiled when John stroked your face.

"We don't have any girl's names, was counting on a boy." John smiled at you before glancing back at the sleeping girls. "But I heard some nice ones up in London."

"Oh yeah?" You yawned and he pulled the blankets tighter around you.

"Heather and Belle." He offered and you smiled.

"I like them." You told him and he carefully shifted so he could lay down next to you.

"I promise I won't leave your side with the next one." John whispered and you let out a chuckle before falling asleep against John's shoulder.