Hard To Get

John sighed as you wondered away from him, reminding him of a cat that would lure you in and then scratch at you because they felt like it. Just when he thought he was getting somewhere with you, you'd give him the slip or an excuse to not talk to him for a while.

"Looks like she got away again." Tommy teased as John headed back over to his brothers.

"I'm workin' on it." John huffed.

"Might wanna work a bit harder John Boy." Arthur chuckled out.

John glowered as he watched you smile and flirt with another man at the bar, ducking into the backroom of the Garrison John slumped into the chair next to Tommy.

"Are you going to scare him off or let him have her?" Tommy mused as John down a glass of whisky.

John nodded and rolled the toothpick between his teeth, when he headed back out he watched you for a moment, choosing which direction he'd approach you from.

"What do you want Shelby?" You hummed as he stooped and lent against the bar.

"You." He winked and you rolled your eyes, despite the small smile on your face.

When you hopped of the bar stool and let your hands gently skim his jacket he frowned and followed you outside, grabbing your arm when you made to skip off.

"Alright enough (Y/N) this isn't fun anymore what do you want me to do?" John grumbled.

"I..." You went to reply but he cut you off.

"No enough (Y/N), I'm runnin' around after you and makin' a fool of myself so you can just go wind up someone else." John snapped.

He swore when he realised he'd brought tears to your eyes and quickly pulled you into him, leaning his chin on your head as he rubbed your back.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled against his shirt.

"It's alright (Y/N), but enough of this hard to get nonsense." He smiled and gripped your chin, bending down to kiss you softly.