The Enrollment

June 20, 2017

The birds whistle in the morning as the people of Seoul are awakened by them

The birds whistle in the morning as the people of Seoul are awakened by them. One of the people of Seoul, Lei Coles, is already awake, listening to music. Lei is a 17 year old Korean who is very simple and kind. People say she reminds them as a mix of Son Naeun (Apink) and Rosé (Blackpink). As she sings to her favorite song, 'LUV' by Apink, she is interrupted by her brother Zack, a 19 year old Korean Japanese boy who loves his sister to death and will do anything to protect her, bursts through her door and catches his breath.

"Zack, what's your deal," Lei says shocked, "You could have at least knocked. And what's that pink slip in your hand? Going to ask a girl to Prom?"

"Haha, very funny Lei. I came in here to give you this slip because I know you would want it."

As Zack gives the slip to Lei, she looks confused and amazed by it. She reads the following
SM Entertainment: We want you

"What's this? Is it a request from SM Entertainment? Why me?"

"Lei, don't you realize? They have asked you to be a part of their company and do amazing things with them. Read it! I want to know what they say!"

"Ok, but I think this is for the wrong person, you know I'm not good at singing or dancing, or really anything."

"Says the person who won the singing and dancing competition last year, and also has had 4.0 GPAs for 5 years straight."

As Lei rolls her eyes while smiling, she unfolds the slip and starts reading it...
'As of 2017, we are looking for amazing talents and have been searching for a long time. We have come around you, Lei Coles, and we feel it seems right to ask you if you would like to compete, yes compete, with over 100 other people, to be the next solo singer of SM Entertainment! We have heard of you and think you'd be a great contestant for us. If you would like to enter, please head to the SM building and show the front people this slip, and they will guide you to where you need to go. Thank you and have a wonderful day
Sincerely,
Lee Soo-Man

As Lei finished the letter, she looks at Zack, and at the same time, crumbled up the paper and throws it behind her.

"What are you doing Lei??? This is your big chance to be known all around the world, and you're literally throwing it away?"

"Why would they be asking me? You know I get stage fright very quickly, so I wouldn't be able to do anything. I'm not funny, I'm not good at dancing, I still get voice cracks, and overall, I'll never be go..."

As Lei is finishing up her sentence, Zack grabs a hold of Lei's shoulders.

"Lei, you are such an amazing person, everyone loves you! Mom, Dad, your friends, your own brother, and most importantly, God. He will be there for you when we can't. But we will always try to be there for you. Lei, go make your dreams come true and fulfill the dreams that you've always wanted. Who knows, you may get to meet Oh Hayong someday (Lei's Kpop Bias)."

"Well...I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least go to the center and talk to Lee about it... Ok, I'll go, but promise me to not tell mom or dad or anyone, I may be pressured more and not go at all."

As Zack nods his head, Lei gets ready. As she gets ready, she thinks to herself, "Is this really my future? What  if I become a singer? Let's see what happens."

As Lei heads for the door, she looks behind her, and sees Zack, waving goodbye. Before leaving, she runs to Zack and hugs him, while on the verge of tears. Then Lei heads out the door, possibly heading out to the most exciting adventure of her life, the life of a Kpop singer.