Duo True-O

Kyungsoo woke up earlier than Lei the next morning and decided to go on a run. He didn't want people to recognize him so he put on sunglasses and dark colored running clothes to not be easily recognized. During the run, Kyungsoo had gone back to the place where he had his first kiss with Lei, and he found a nearby sharp object and scratched on the wood 'L+K', and then kept on jogging. When Kyungsoo got back, Lei was still fast asleep and it was about two hours before they had to head to the studio to record the duet together. So Kyungsoo tried to wake up Lei by sitting next to her and tapping her. She nudged a little but didn't get up. So now Kyungsoo rolled on top of her and cuddled. Then he heard Lei say,

"You're so heavy Kyung! Get off."

Then Kyungsoo got off while laughing and Lei got up looking like she just got out of a windstorm.

"Lei, your hair! It's a mess."

"Thanks for reminding me. I need to go get it fixed or even cut. My hair literally goes down to almost my hips and I really need to get it cut so I do not have to worry about situations like this very often."

"Understandable"

When Lei finally got ready, they both headed out to the van that was waiting for them.

"Omo! How long have you been out here sir?" Lei asked worryingly.

"Oh just for 10 minutes. It's ok."

"Sorry for the wait. I didn't know you were going to be here so early."

"That's ok young lady. I appreciate you thinking about me."

Kyungsoo watched as Lei was being polite and was thinking of how sweet she is to the staff and press that don't really get enough attention these days. Then the two got into the car and headed to their next stop, which was a recording room. When they arrived and got in, the view was magical.

They have never seen something like this before in their life

They have never seen something like this before in their life. The studio was 10 times nicer than the one back in Seoul. They entered the place and then the man closed the door behind them. Now it was just Kyungsoo and Lei. They really didn't know what to do. So they looked around for something to help them and then Lei found a little notecard that had writing on it. The card said,

"Today's task will be making a duo song by scratch. You don't have to sing to it (unless you want to. No brownie points). It has to be either an upbeat song or a slow melody. That song will be sung by Taeyeon, a very great female singer. Make her proud!"

Lee Soo-Man

Both Kyungsoo and Lei were confused. They have never composed or even thought of making music.

"What's your style Kyung? Do you like upbeat or slow?"

"I don't mind either one. Honestly, Taeyeon is making way to many slow songs these days, we should turn it up with an upbeat EDM song."

"That would be so good! I'm a fan of EDM. What style are you looking for in this song?"

"What do you mean? Didn't we agree on EDM?"

"Yes, but I mean like style as in people like Calvin Harris, Deorro, Chainsmokers. Like a genre."

"Oh! I've heard of Calvin and The Chainsmokers. We could do something like that. I just don't know how to work one of these."

"It's ok. I know some of the gadgets on here. I just hope it's good enough to make a song."

Hours and hours went by as Kyungsoo and Lei were making the next song for Taeyeon. It went from 7 in the morning to 10 in the evening. They had finally finished the song and they decided to hear it just before sending it.

Play: Calvin Harris type beat: Hidden Paradise

The two looked at each other with the biggest grin on each of their faces.

"Did we just make a song?"

"I think so. I can't even believe it! I thought it was going to be harder than expected. But it was pretty simple."

"Yeah! I'm so glad that's done with. But it's like, 11 o'clock at night. I'm so tired and I really need to nap, but we first need to burn this onto a disk and give it to Lee when we get back to Seoul."

"Sounds good! I'm glad we did this."

"Me too Kyung, I've so much fun, the difficult part is that it took so long to do and now we have to go to sleep. No more fun."

"Yeah. That's one downfall to being a Kpop singer. You don't get very much free time and I haven't seen my family for a long time. It's kind of sad but I can deal with it."

"God that sounds awful. I can't even believe I've been this long gone from my brother Zack. He must feel so lonely. I really miss him."

Tears started forming in Lei's eyes, but Kyungsoo wiped them for her.

"I hope you know that he is doing great. I actually got a text from him. Do you want to see it?"

"Yes! Show it to me please!"

Kyungsoo showed Lei the text. It read,

"Hey Kyungsoo. I hope this is the right number. Lol. Anyways, I just wanted to check on Lei. Yes I'm an overprotective brother but she is my treasure. I just want to know that she's ok. Tell her I'm doing great and that I will wait until she comes home. Thank you Kyungsoo!"

Lei then started crying because she missed her brother. Kyungsoo comforted her by hugging her softly with care. Kyungsoo never thought she would have missed Zack this much. He thought Zack was a great person, and respects him and Lei, but he couldn't do anything about it. He just watched this happen. What could he really do about this? Nothing.