Singing with her Heart

Lei entered the recording studio for her second event of the day

Lei entered the recording studio for her second event of the day. The place had a nice atmosphere to her. It also kind of  smelled like brand new wood. After everyone in Lei's group got in, a man came in and explained the whole situation.

"Hello everyone. This will be your final task of today. You will each sing a song of your choice and see what ratings you get by our judges. I will bring in the judges right now."

After the man said that, three people came in. They were all Kpop singers, main vocals to be specific. Wendy from Red Velvet, Minho from Shinee, and Kyungsoo from EXO. Lei saw that Kyungsoo was one of them and rolled her eyes. She didn't really think he would be good as a judge. Then, the man tells Lei,

"Would you like to go first?"

Lei, all surprised, replied,

"Who me? I don't know what song to even sing."

"Well, Lei, what's your favorite song?"

"Mine? It's LUV from Apink."

"Really? Then you should sing that song. I think that song has a nice melody."

"Um, ok. I'll try."

Lei went into the tiny room and stood right in front of the mic. Lei has never felt more scared in her life. She has never sang in front of people over her age. She hasn't even sang in front of Zack. Then all of the sudden she heard the song.

Play: Apink's LUV

:28- "Wow, she's really good. Not even I was that good in my rookie years."

"Wendy, you were the best rookie that year. Haha!"

"Yeah sure. Haha!"

1:05- "She sings Hayoung's part really well. That must be her favorite singer."

1:47- "Wow! She sings like an angel. I wish she was here a long time ago so she could debut with Red Velvet."

2:37- "She has such a nice flow. It takes Taemin and I so much time to get a good flow. I'm amazed she can do it already."

3:22- "Wow. It's like she isn't even singing from her mouth. It's like she is singing with her heart. She is so good at singing overall."

Then, at that moment, Kyungsoo felt this weird feeling brew in him, as if he was, 'falling in love'. He didn't know what to think. He thought she was pretty, and she also has a beautiful voice. Kyungsoo then couldn't take his eyes off her.

The man spoke as Lei exited the tiny room,

"Lei, you may think I'm lying, but that was the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. I think the judges also got amazed as well. What do you think guys? Wendy?"

"Lei, you have such an amazing voice. Your flow and the overall atmosphere of your voice pleases me. Great job!"

"How about you Minho? What did you think?"

"I would say the same that Wendy did, your overall flow was wonderful. When you hit that high note near the end, I was so amazed! You also didn't sound tired at all, you probably have good stamina. Haha!"

Lei giggled, and then thanked him and Wendy.

"Finally, how about you Kyungsoo? What did you think about her preformance?"

Kyungsoo thought for a bit, and then said,

"You sing from your heart. I loved it so much. You've got a great voice Lei. You should use it more."

Lei thanked him and kept on listening to the man. Kyungsoo felt a little confused why she didn't thank him like the others. As time went by, people we singing their favorite songs. Music from SM, YG, JYP, and many others. In the end, the man said,

"You all did very well today. I am very pleased by all of you today. I hope to see you guys again tomorrow and work hard. You guys will be going into the variety show part, which will probably take the entire day. We hope to see you tomorrow!"

As everyone left, Kyungsoo went up to Lei to talk to her.

"Hey, you were really good."

"Thank you."

"Um, I was wondering if you'd like to get some Patbingsoo with Suho and I sometime. I think it'd be a nice way to get to know you."

"Alright sure. As long as you're paying. Haha!"

"Haha! Sure. I'll pay. How about, this Saturday?"

"Ok. I'll be there. Hope to see you there. Have a nice day Kyungsoo."

"You as well."

As Lei walked away, Kyungsoo realized that the whole weird feeling thing wasn't fake. Kyungsoo was in love with Lei, and he wanted her to know that. Hopefully sometime he'll get to tell, but for now, it's time to go home.