Melon Music Awards

The day came, November 19th, the day of the Melon Music Awards. Lei was getting all ready for it and she noticed that the event started at 7pm, and she was heading over there at 9am. It was going to be a long day for her. She was picked up by a van, and Sehun, Chanyeol, and Suho were all in the vehicle.

"The other members will meet us there." Sehun explained.

"Ok, sounds good."

As they drove there, which was going to take about close to an hour, Chanyeol asked Lei a question about Kyungsoo,

"Have you heard from Kyungsoo yet? Has he texted you or even reached out to you?"

"Um, no. I haven't. I wish he would reach out to one of us at least."

"Honestly, I really do miss him," Suho proclaimed, "It's a shame that he did this. But I want him to be happy, so I'm hoping he is."

When the group arrived at the Melon awards, many fans and photographer were there really early. Most fans had signs that said stuff like 'EXO Strong' or 'Stay Strong' because of the Kyungsoo controversy. They really didn't stay to talk to the reporters, they just went in. When the rest of the group came, EXO went up in stage and practiced for tonight's concert with their new song. Lei watched as the 8 members danced. Lei could see in some of their eyes the pain that was going in their head about Kyungsoo. She just hoped it would subside from their minds and that they would stay strong. It was around 5pm, and there were 2 hours left until the concert. Lei was getting ready for her showdown with Roe, and she knew it wasn't going to be easy. She wore a more hip hop gangster outfit to correspond with her Whistle style. As time went by, she saw that there were SO many fans watching. Lei began to get nervous, and someone took notice and went up to her.

"You look nervous. Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just a little nerve-racking for me. I don't think I've met you. You're an EXO member probably. What's your name?"

"The name is Chen. It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you

"Nice to meet you. Aren't you nervous? I know you've been doing this for a while, but is it ever scary for you guys?"

"Well, I wouldn't say scary, but more anticipating. We are waiting for fans to cheer beginning and end. If we mess up, we know by the noise of the fans. You will be ok Lei, I've heard great things from you."

"Well thank you Chen, I really appreciate that."

"Anytime. Do you want to sit by us today during the awards?"

"Sure, I'd love to. Thank you again."

It soon struck 7pm, and the Melon Awards were in session. Everyone cheered and waved their Wanda for specific groups. Lei has never been to a concert or award show in her life, so this was something so special for her. The performances were amazing. BLACKPINK, Apink, BTS, Oh My Girl, and many many other groups were amazing at their performance. Then Lei heard that EXO was about to go up, and wanted to see it, but a staff member told Lei that she was soon going to perform with Roe. She then headed to the back and was ready to perform. After the great show by EXO, another member saw Lei and introduced himself to her.

"Hello, you must be Lei. I've wanted to meet you and now I finally get to. My name is Baekhyun."

"Hi

"Hi. It's nice to meet you as well. I'm so nervous. I don't know what is going to happen."

"You'll do great. I promise."

Lei was happy and realized that most EXO members were in rooting of her. Suho, Chen, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, and hopefully D.O. Lei was still thinking of him. She missed him and wanted to see him here. She was sure that everyone wanted to see him. Then soon she heard the beginning of her intro music and started walking on stage with Roe. She looked at Roe, and took a deep breath. This was the final round, and she had to do well. Then after the nitro music stopped, it began.....

Play: Playing with Fire X Lotto Mashup

The wands of the fans can either be changed in two colors, ones with red, as a vote for Roe, and blue, a vote for Lei. The more the votes, the more likely that person will win. When the performance ended, it was hard to tell how many there were of each. So the machines operated and checked how many colors there were. 17000 people attended the award show, and it calculated all of them. About 3500 people didn't vote, so the other 13500 were colored. And Lee Soo-Man came up and told the results.

"Here in my hands I have the color of the winner. It will either be blue or red. These two young contestants have worked so hard for this moment, and only one will go on. Here it is.... The winner..... Of the SM Competition is......"

Lei Coles

Everyone cheered and screamed!!! EXO was jumping up and down from backstage, and everyone was just going wild. Around 7000 had voted for Lei, and people were so happy for her. Lei went to Roe and hugged him, as a sign of respect and sportsmanship. Then Lee Soo-Man let Lei give a speech. And what Lei said made an impact on everyone in the crowd, even EXO.