Dancing Issues

The day of the auditions were today, and Lei was so excited

The day of the auditions were today, and Lei was so excited. She was excited to see what big adventures she was going to have and all the friends she will hopefully meet, coming from an introvert. She was just about to head out, until Zack stopped her and gave her something,

"What's this Zack?"

"It's a good luck charm. It's always worked for me. So I know it will work for you."

It was a necklace with the words 'STRONG' on it. She automatically put it on and gave a final hug to Zack

"I'll miss you Zack. Please be safe. Call me anytime. I will pick up."

"I'll miss you too. Be safe out there. I hope you live life the way you want to."

Lei exited the apartment building and let out a huge breath. She was about to be competing for a chance to be a Kpop singer. This was something she wasn't expecting. As she entered the SM building, she was amazed by all the people she saw. There were both guys and girls. They all looked really athletic, some had sports bras only on. Some were wearing tiny tank tops, while Lei was wearing a white t-shirt with black jeans and white vans. She felt so out of the group. Everyone also looked a lot older than her. They all looked in their 20s. Then all of the sudden there was a whistle. Everyone looked up and saw Lee Soo-Man.

"Attention everyone! Welcome, to the first ever, 'SM Competition'. This will be testing your skills in singing, dancing, acting, and one special talent that I will not say, you will find out when the time comes. Today, we will focus on dancing. I will arrange the groups. As of right now, there are 80 of you, so the other 20 are already late and disqualified. We don't like slackers. So each of you have a number, and the first 20 people in your group will be on your team. So 1-20 are a team, 21-40 are a team, and so on. I will see you guys in about 2 hours. Have fun!"

Lei was number 25, her lucky number, so she felt even more confident, but didn't want to jinx herself, so kept calm. She headed to the second floor and went into the dance studio. About 5 minutes in, a lady yells, "NUMBERS 1-10, LINE UP!"

Lei was startled by the lady but kept looking. The lady had the group of 10 dance to Girls Generation's 'Party' and it looked like they perfected it, which scared Lei. After the first 10, Lei and the other 9 went up to line up. The lady was looking at all of us, then stared at Lei, and asked her a question,

"You're Lei, aren't you?"

"Um, uh, y-yes, I'm Lei."

"I've heard a lot about you."

As she said that, the lady looked at Lei's girlish simple outfit and said,

"They weren't wrong..."

Lei, confused, didn't know what she meant by that and just smiled and let it go by. Then, the group danced to Super Junior's 'Devil' which Lei was familiar with. After that workout, Lei wanted to go get some water to fill up her water bottle, which was a panda bottle. She raised her hand and asked if she could go get some water. The lady said to hurry so she did. Lei was filling up her bottle, and when she finished, turned and bump right into someone. They both stumbled and fell to the ground, both with tiny headaches.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you. Please forgive me!"

The boy got up and looked at her. He a colorful top and black jeans. Lei thought he had fire in his eyes, because he was angry with her. Then he said,

"You must be one the contestants. It's a pleasure to meet you. What's your name?"

 What's your name?"

"My name is Lei. It's nice to meet you. I have to go. But it was nice meeting you, um..."

"Suho, the name's Suho."

"Right. See you later."

Lei wondered if he was another contestant, but she really didn't think of it too much. Lei headed back to the dance studio and continued dancing. In the end, everyone was exhausted. The lady then said,

"Out of all 20 of you, Lei was the best. I've never seen so much passion in her dancing. You all did amazing, but Lei really caught my eyes."

Everyone clapped for Lei. She didn't know how to take it, but she did her usual and just smiled. She never has had this much attention. Lei thought to herself, 'I impressed the teacher and I've made friends with one of the contestants, accidentally. Hopefully things get better for today.' Then she heard a speaker with a voice,

"Attention everyone, head to the cafeteria for lunch! That is all."