The Speech

"Hello everyone. My name is Lei Coles. I'm 17 years old, and I live here in Seoul. Honestly, I never thought this would be happening. I really never had any passion in singing, dancing, acting, or even, working as a janitor here. Haha! I'm an introvert, which means I don't really go out much and see people. I really don't have many friends and I don't really talk at school. I just sit by myself in the corner of every room. I usually do group projects alone, and I'm usually the last picked for anything. I was really sad and went into a mental phase where I thought that I was invisible. My parents tried to care for me, but really didn't do much. I saw my mom probably 2 hours a day, and my dad worked at home and was also an alcoholic. I never really talked to him, because I was scared of him. There was one day where my dad got so drunk that he used me to get stuff for him, and whenever I entered the room, he'd randomly throw alcohol bottles at me and it would really hurt. He's even dragged me on the floor with glass shards on the ground, because poison was overflowing him rapidly and my brother had to save me from that incident. Ever since then, I never talked to my dad. Probably a year later, my mom died in a car crash, and my dad was devastated. So much, that he basically drank himself to death. Ever since then, I've leaned on my brother Zack for support, and I couldn't ask for any better brother to support me. Later, about 5 months ago, I got a letter from SM entertainment saying that I got in a contest to become a solo singer. I really had no desire to do it, but my brother wanted me to, so I did it for him. As the days went on there, I met people that I really thought were nice, and they're here today. I met Suho by accidentally bumping into him, I met Wendy and Irene when I collapsed due to stage fright, I met Taemin when I was recovering, I met Chanyeol while talking to Lee, and I met Sehun, Baekhyun, and Chen recently as well. But there is one person, one, that I will always remember the day I met him. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. Yes, it's Kyungsoo. I know he isn't here and it's very sad for all of us, but how I met him was from him. By that I mean he went up to me and tried to cheer me up. I wasn't feeling it and went away from him. Later on I soon realized what he was doing, he was hitting on me. You all may think this is a lie but it's true. He then became my buddy for certain rounds. We went to The Jeju Islands and had so much fun talking to you guys and making music. After that I wanted to see the sunset and so did Kyungsoo. While we were there, he looked at me, and I looked at him, and we kissed. It was so magical for him and I. I really had so much fun with him after that, until one day I was told that there is a rule that there was no dating. Kyungsoo thought that was ridiculous and decided to go somewhere where he felt free to do whatever. I tried to stop him at the airport, but it was too late. He left to find freedom and happiness. So that is why he is not here today. I really miss him, the members really miss him, but most especially, you guys miss him. And for a second I want to make a message to Kyungsoo. So here we go. Kyungsoo, if you're watching this, please come back. I have good news. Lee has said that we can be together. I know you may be scared to come back, but you are leaving your priorities here alone, scared, stone cold. Just listen to the fans that want you come back."

The fans screamed for him and cheered. Then the chant started going around,

"KYUNGSOO, KYUNGSOO, KYUNGSOO!"

"You hear that? They want you back. The members want you back, I want you back. Please Kyung, come back home. We are all waiting with open hands. We will be forever waiting until you come back. Please, let's journey together again. Overall, I just want to tell everyone that I appreciate this honor of becoming a singer and I will do my very best to make you all proud. Thank you very much! You all have a nice rest of your time!"

The fans cheered for her and they also chanted her name,

"LEI, LEI, LEI, LEI!"

Lei smiled at the crowd and walked off stage. She then saw the whole group of EXO, crying in tears because of how touching the speech was.

"That was the most beautiful speech I've heard in a while." Chen said.

"I loved your content and persuasion in the speech." Chanyeol proclaimed.

"Your message to Kyungsoo made my heart flutter." Sehun expressed.

"I want to hear that speech again." Baekhyun asked.

"You have such an amazing heart Lei. I'm proud of you." Suho proclaimed.

"You gave me goosebumps during the beginning." Xiumin explained.

"I'm sure Kyungsoo will see this and be very happy." Kai guessed.

"That speech impacted so many people!" Lay proclaimed.

"Thank you. Thank you all. I really appreciate you all for helping me. I couldn't have done this without you guys and Kyungsoo. Is it ok if I pray with you guys for Kyungsoo?"

Everyone agreed and got around and closed their eyes.

"Dear God, I pray for Kyungsoo, that you would guide him to the right path. Wether it's with us or without us, please guide him to happiness and not sorrowful times. Lead this group as well to amazing places in life. This team deserves you Lord, and they need all of your glory. In your name we pray, Amen."

"Amen." Everyone else said.