The Visit

As Lei walked, she noticed a tall building with shimmering glass windows

As Lei walked, she noticed a tall building with shimmering glass windows. She saw the sign that said

SM Entertainment

As soon as she saw that, her heart dropped. Lei was scared to death to know what was going to happen. Would they reject her? Would they accuse her of an intruder? Is this all a prank? She slowly walked towards the door and rang the alarm on the side. All of the sudden, a voice comes out of nowhere.

"Name?"

Lei was startled and almost fled, but she stood confident and said,

"Lei Coles. I'm here for an audition thing you guys are doing. I have this pink slip and I don't know what to do with it."

A few seconds go by and all of the suddenly the doors open and there is a man at the entrance. It was a security guard of the company. He was probably in his 40s.

"Lei, please follow me."

"Am I at the right place? I don't want to be at a different building. Does SM have two?"

"You seem a little nervous," the guard questioned, "You are at the right place. You're here to enter the contest, right?

"Yes, that's why I'm here."

"Well, let me guide you to Lee Soo-Man and he'll handle you up there. Don't worry he doesn't bite. Or at least, I haven't seen him. Haha!"

"He he, yeh. Ok"

Lei was really nervous. She has never seen this place before and she was already going to be introduced to the President of SM. As she was walking behind the guard, she felt scared, shaking a little bit. But she was able to get through the building without any fainting or passing out. Both the guard and Lei went into the elevator and headed to the top floor, where Lee was probably waiting for her. As they got to the top, Lei looked out the window and saw the great view that the building gets. Then the guard told her to keep on following him. When they got to the door, the guard knocked on the door and slowly came in. There inside was the man himself, Lee Soo-Man.

"Hello Lei, I've been expecting you. How are you?"

"I'm a little worried, but I think I can make it through today."

"Ha! I'm glad you can. Now, one quick question, why have you come this way to this company? Forced by someone? Wanting to be popular? Meeting your favorite singer? Why Lei, come to a Kpop Entertainment company?"

Worryingly, she replied,

"Well, I've always wanted to fulfill what my family hasn't. It's hard to explain. I live with my brother back home. My mom died in a car crash about two years ago, and my dad was very abusive and a huge drinker, which led him to getting overdosed in alcohol and dying about half a year ago. His abusiveness got to the point where I've had to sleep outside the house, with bruises and scars, the worst being on my shoulder."

Lei showed Lee the scar on her right shoulder, as it showed many different holes and scratches left in her.

"This happened about two weeks before he died. He was angry at me and decided to drag me by the hair and slam alcohol bottles on my head and back. And throwing me on the floor and dragging me around the glass shards while I was crying. Luckily, Zack came around and helped me out. He hurried me to his room and locked the door. Ever since that incident, I've always been scared of going out and mingling. It's been a fear of mine. I just want Zack to know that I am doing fine and that I'll do this career for him and God. They both have saved my life."

As she finished, Lee started tearing up and blew in tissues. He was really touched and impacted by the story.

"Lei, I'm really sorry for what has happened to you in the past, and I want to make it up for you. How would you like to be accepted in the contest?"

"You mean it? Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I don't know how to thank you."

"I do. Be here at the center at 2:00pm tomorrow. Haha!"

Lei smiled as she agreed to his request and promised him that she'd do her best in the auditions. While walking out the door, Lee said to Lei,

"I see many bright things in your future Lei, trust me."

Lei smiled, and exited the room, waiting happily for tomorrow and wanting to know how her life will go on. This is just the first step in her beautiful journey as a member of SM Entertainment.