First Year

• Dedicated to Maria Hauerslev

I OWN NOTHING! THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE AND ALL THE CHARACTERS BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING!

Hey everybody. i have had an obsession with Draco/Hermione for a few years now. I love reading the fan-fiction stories on Wattpad, and now I have started one myself. I hope you guys like it! :) the first chapters will be strictly from Hermione's P.O.V. and it will be a little background on the secret friendship that was between Draco and Hermione when they were younger. Please be patient with me, this is my first fan-fiction story, but I know where I want it to go! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - First year

I woke up early that morning. That life-changing morning. The sun was already shining bright through my window. I opened my eyes and looked around in my room. My outfit for today lay neatly on the chair by my desk; books were spread all over the desk… and the floor. I smiled to myself, and got up. I started to get changed when I heard my mother yell from downstairs.

         “Hermione dear! Are you up?” I yelled my “yes”, and ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen an unusual sight met me. My parents were sitting down looking at an envelope. I had to cough loudly before they looked up. I couldn’t recognize the looks in their eyes; it was like a mix between pride, confusion and something I had never seen before.

         “What is that?” I asked curiously, my parents looked at each other, then at the envelope, and at last, the looked at me. My father got up, and handed me the letter. It had my full name and address in front. I flipped it over and eagerly opened it. Two pieces of parchment was placed within the envelope. I pulled them out and began to read.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Hermione Jean Granger,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

I looked up from the letter and towards my parents. They looked concerned, and frightened.

“I’m a witch.” I whispered, my mother gasped and my father took the letter from me. I looked at the other piece of paper; it was a list over school supplies and other things I might need at this new school. It was crazy… a witch! I didn’t even know magic existed! I couldn’t believe it.

Well, before I knew it, my parents and I were going to Diagon Alley so I could get my new school stuff. The place was crazy, wizards and witches were all over the place, objects were flying through the air and I even saw a little kid flying around on a miniature broom.

The first place we went was Gringotts wizarding bank. Imagine being an eleven-year-old girl, who has never heard about magic before, and then meeting those goblins… yeah. They’re creepy; I was freaking out the whole time. But anyways, we got some of our money exchanged into galleons, sickles and knuts. We didn’t have that much time in Diagon Alley, so while my parents went to Flourish and Blotts to buy my schoolbooks, I went to Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions to get my new school robes.