Second Year

I OWN NOTHING! THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE ABD ALL ITS CHARACTERS BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING (She's a bloody genius for making this up!) 

Okay, I know I said it would all be in Hermiones P.O.V. but then I remembered that she would be petrified for a small part of this chapter. So I changed to Draco, just this once. Don't worry it'll happen again later on :) I just want to tell these first years from Hermiones P.O.V. I hope you will enjoy reading this! :) Please vote and comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Wednesday and Diagon Alley was filled with excited Hogwarts students getting their schoolbooks, clothes and, for the first years, their wands. I remembered this time last year; I was scared out my mind. But I wasn’t like that anymore. I had gotten some great friends, whom I was about to meet again. I had been writing a little with Ronald Weasley, the youngest boy in the redheaded family. I had written tons to Harry, but had never received anything back. I knew how his family was about magic, so I figured that was why he hadn’t answered, so I was excited to see him. I had also written a lot with a certain Slytherin. Draco had spent his whole summer with his parents at their beach house. I had been to Paris with my parents and had just gotten home, when I got an owl with my yearly letter from Hogwarts with the list of school supplies needed for my second year. So now I was standing in Flourish and Blotts waiting for my friends and hoping to catch a glimpse of Gilderoy Lockhart. My parents and I had already bought all of my school supplies, but I had asked to meet my friends today, and I was ecstatic when I saw them. When they came into the store with us, Gilderoy came out into clear view and he called Harry up to take a picture with him. When Harry came back down to us, I heard a familiar, but yet menacing, growl.

         “Enjoying the show, huh, Potter?” Draco Malfoy growled as he came walking down the stairs, “The famous Harry Potter.” He spat. I looked at him; he hadn’t changed over the summer. Well, his looks hadn’t changed. His attitude was totally different. I had never heard him growl this way before. At one point Draco’s father joined us. He insulted Harry, the Weasleys and my family. As he talked about my parents and me with a dirty taste in his mouth I looked at Draco, he avoided my eyes and kept his own on his father. I didn’t understand anything. But in the matter of seconds, Arthur swung Ginny’s kettle into Lucius’ head and they started fighting. My parents both grabbed me and pulled me out of the store. Wow, what an experience. I couldn’t help but smile though when I saw Mr Weasley hit Lucius in the head.

I was sitting in a compartment in the train with Fred, George and Ginny. Ron and Harry where nowhere to be seen.

         “Maybe the train left without them!” Fred proposed and got our attention.

         “Well, that would be just lovely! A whole year without that annoying git.” George laughed earning himself a slap on the arm from Ginny. She looked terrified.

         “Don’t say that George! I don’t want to go to Hogwarts without him there! I don’t trust you two, and Percy won’t talk to me. He’s too busy with his girlfriend!” Ginny whined.

         “Don’t worry Ginny. They’re probably just in another compartment. With Neville or Dean and Seamus!” I said trying to comfort her, she looked relieved at me and I smiled at her, remembering how scared I was last year, “and anyways, I’m here if you need a friend.” I continued, ignoring the gigging sounds the twins made behind my back.

         “Well, this is getting too mushy for us. We’ll go look for Lee.” They both said before leaving. While they were gone Ginny and I changed into our robes while talking about Harry, Ron and basically everything. I could feel that Ginny and I would become great friends. I left for a while though to go to the bathroom, and then I ran right into Draco. He looked startled for a second and started to apologize before he saw who I was. Then he just shut his mouth.