Malfoy Happened

I OWN NOTHING! THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE AND IT'S CHARACTERS BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING. (She's a genius!)

Okay, so as I promised I'm done with their past, and now I'm moving forward to the actual story. But the first three chapters are necessary for this story. I hope you'll enjoy reading chapter 4 :)

Please VOTE/COMMENT! It would make my day! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4 - Malfoy Happened

The Second Wizarding War was over. There was of course still Death Eaters and supporters of him out there. But Voldemort was dead. Killed by Harry after he, Ron and I had destroyed all of his horcruxes. To do this we had to leave Hogwarts after our sixth year. So when all three of us got a personal letter from the headmistress herself, asking if we would want to return for our last year, we were obviously delighted. So now, all three of us were sitting in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express, talking about their memories as kids. They were all 18 now, and they had known each other for 7 whole years, and those years hadn’t been peaceful. Oh no, they had been fighting with Voldemort in one way or the other almost every year. Well, not their third year, that year it had been a prisoner from Azkaban, who turned out to be Harry’s Godfather, Ron’s rat, who was in fact the murderous Peter Pettigrew, who had betrayed Lily and James Potter to his Dark Lord, and a whole bunch of dementors. Oh no, they hadn’t had an easy childhood. But now everything was safe. Harry and Ginny were officially dating, while Ron and I only flirted, sometimes it led to kisses. But we weren’t sure if we wanted to be ‘official’ yet.

I looked down at my new Head Girl badge, excited. I was so happy when I had read in my letter from McGonagall that she had chosen me Head Girl. I didn’t know who the Head Boy was though, but I was itching to find out. Harry and Ron seemed to be talking sixth year quidditch at the moment. I looked at my watch only to find out that I was late. I had to meet up with the headmistress to get the new messages for this year so I could pass them on to the younger house prefects. But I was also going to meet the Head Boy, the boy I was supposed to live with during the next year. I crossed my fingers and sent a silent prayer that it would be one of the nicer kids. When I walked into Professor McGonagall’s compartment, I saw that she was not alone. I truthfully hoped that this guy was only in here to talk to the headmistress about something rather unimportant, and not for the same reason as her. But the look on McGonagall’s face showed her that she was not having the best of luck today.

         “Miss Granger. You know Mr. Malfoy right?” she asked formally. I nodded stiffly.

         “Yes. I know him.” I said, Malfoy turned his head towards me and gave me a slight acknowledging nod, before looking back at our professor.

         “Well, I know you two might not be on the best terms. But I figured you both would be good examples for the younger students…” she began, but I cut her off.

         “Good examples? How the bloody heck is he supposed to be a good example? He comes from a family of Death Eaters, and he is one himself!” I sputtered, it came out a little too loud, but it was just the shock of seeing him again, and her anger towards him that had been building up the last few years. Malfoy didn’t even flinch while I was going on about him and his family, but McGonagall was shocked at my outburst.

         “Miss Granger. Please keep your voice down. I will explain everything, if you will just be quiet.” She said looking at me, I took a deep breath and looked at her expectantly. She nodded and continued, “Miss Granger, I think we know why you would be a good example. You’re the brightest witch in your year, and as a part of The Golden Trio,” Malfoy snickered at that part, ”you have shown courage and bravery. You are a true Gryffindor. The younger students need someone like you to look up to. As for Mr. Malfoy, he might come from a family of Death Eaters. But I can most certainly say he isn’t one now. He has never killed or tortured anyone. He has turned completely away from their side, and that is a good example as well. It is never to late to change sides, and we respect that. It was on his own request that he was able to come back.” She said, finishing her long speech. I was speechless. Maybe McGonagall was just to naïve, I really couldn’t imagine a Malfoy turn away from the other side, she seemed to notice my attitude towards him.