Australia!

I OWN NOTHING! EVERYTHING (except plot) BELONGS TO J. K. ROWLING!

Okay, I'm terribly sorry it's taken me so long to write. I have been caught in a massive writers block, but I think I'm out of it now! :D Yay! And besides that, I have just gone to Minnesota from little Denmark on summer vacation, to visit my old host family here. So a lot of things are going on, and I barely have time to write any more. But I did it! This is a short chapter, but I promise you the next one will be long!
We are slowly inching closer to the end of my book now! But don't worry, there's still planty of drama left! :D

ALSO... REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER HP FANFIC: KAROLYN BOUVIER - A GIRL WITH A SECRET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 24 - Australia! 

GINNYS POV

I sat in the windowsill looking out at Diagon Alley. It was completely deserted, no surprise there. It was not even past 6 o’clock and still dark outside. I just couldn’t sleep anymore. I glanced at Draco; he had insisted that I slept on the bed, so now he was lying on a bed of pillows on the floor. That sure couldn’t be comfortable. A tiny smile spread on my face as I studied him closer. He was such a gentleman in disguise; he wouldn’t let anyone know how he truly was. As he lay there on the floor, he looked like an innocent little child. The worried frown he had had on his face since Hermione had disappeared was nowhere to be seen now.
I sighed as I turned to look down at Diagon Alley again. We had to begin looking for Hermione today, Lucius was on the loose and we were all in danger. I reached down my pocket and took out the crumpled letter. Harry, Ron, Draco, me… he had threatened all of us. All of this, just because he didn’t want Draco to be involved with a muggleborn. That’s bad enough, but he just had to take it to the next step. Her parents! They didn’t even remember her! That was a low shot; Hermione knew she didn’t have to worry about us! Firstly, we were at the school. Secondly, we all knew how to defend ourselves. But her parents? No way! I had often talked to her about them, about how she wished she could give them their memory back, about how much she wanted to be their little girl again. They were defenceless if Lucius came after them.

My heart jumped in my chest as I suddenly came to a conclusion.  I hopped down from the windowsill and attacked Draco. He sat up immediately and pointed his wand at me; he had apparently been sleeping with it.

         “Put that down before you poke someone’s eye out!” I chastised and took it from him.

         “Ginny! Don’t you ever do that again!” he complained and lay back down.

         “I can’t make any promises. But you have to get up, we need to get going!”

         “Where are we going?”

         “Australia!”

Draco yawned and looked at me, not following me at all, “What are we going to do in Australia?” he muttered.

         “We’re going to find Hermione, of course.”

         “Why would she be in…” he paused and then sat straight up again, “you’re a genius, Gin! Why didn’t I think of that?” he burst out. I smiled, satisfied with getting some praise from him.

         “Let’s get going now! It’s afternoon there now.” I said while counting on my fingers, Sydney, Australia were nine hours ahead of us. I stood up and grabbed my clothes from yesterday. I quickly cast a spell on them to make them clean again, and then I went into the tiny bathroom to change.