We Were Friends Once

I OWN NOTHING! THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE AND ITS CHARACTERS BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING!

- Except Coinneach Dran who I made up :) (picture of Co on the side -->)

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. But my Easter Break is over and now I'm back in school. I'm working on a huge History paper, and if I don't turn it in, I will have to retake my sophomore year. So I'm focusing a little more on that, than my stories. But I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.

Please VOTE/COMMENT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5: We Were Friends Once

 I was unable to speak. Fear pulsed through my body, fear of the boy standing in front of me. When I didn’t reply to his words, he sighed and sat down on the floor. 

         “Hermione…” he whispered, the sound of his voice sent shivers down my spine. If it was from pleasure or fear I didn’t know, I forced myself to look at him, “What happened all those years ago? You just stopped talking to me.” He said. It was weird to hear him talk like that. He talked slowly and he had so many hidden feelings behind his words. His eyes were pleading for an answer. I opened my mouth, but then shut it again quickly. I wasn’t going to speak with him. He stood up again quickly and walked towards me, now standing less than half a meter away from me. My heart skipped a beat; I hadn’t been this close to him since our fourth year when he had almost kissed me. Thinking about this particular night made me blush, and I looked down at the floor. I heard him chuckle. It was really nice sound actually.

         “What are you thinking about?” he asked, I looked up at him again, this time I was ready to speak.

         “Please leave Malfoy.” I whispered with a shaking voice. Malfoy sighed and then turned around. He left my bathroom in a matter of seconds. I went to my room and grabbed my wand before locking my door. I sat on my bed and I could feel my eyes watering. After regaining control over my emotions I left my room. No one was in the common room, and the door to Malfoys’ room was shut, the luck was on my side. I sat down in the couch with a book. I had always enjoyed peace when I was reading, but it had never been quiet in the Gryffindor common room. I sighed deeply and began reading.

         “Hermione… Hermione? Wake up.” Someone was shaking me and this someone kept saying my name. My eyes fluttered open and I saw who it was. I jumped from the couch and away from him.

         “Breakfast is in a little while.” Malfoy said, a cold look on his face showed that he had decided against trying to make any other conversation with me.

         “Thanks.” I muttered, he nodded once at me and then left our common room. Maybe my plan had worked, and he wouldn’t talk to me again.

I went to my room to take a quick shower and change, before I went down for breakfast in the Great Hall where I met up with Ron and Harry. Ron kissed me on my cheek, and I smiled sweetly at him when we sat down.

         “How was your first night with the Devil?” Harry asked as he began pouring food onto his plate.

         “Uhm… I avoided him as much as possible, but then ended up falling asleep in our common room while reading.” I said as it was the truth, I just left out the part about him and me in my bathroom. No one needed to know that.

         “Hello everybody.” A familiar voice said, I turned around to see a girl with very long blonde hair sitting down between Harry and Neville.