Nothing To Fear

I OWN NOTHING!!! THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE AND ALL ITS CHARACTERS (except the ones I made up) BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING

Time for another chapter :) 
I really enjoyed writing this one. During the Harry Potter books, I really loved how the Dumbledore-Harry relationship evolved. I'm trying to do the same with McGonagall and Hermione now. I hope you like it.

Dedicated to the amazing BibiFatti for creating my new awesome cover! :) Thank you so much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11 - Nothing To Fear

The reflection had changed. I was still standing with a man by my side, but it wasn’t Ron. I actually couldn’t make out his face; it was fuzzy and indistinct. The two kids standing in front of us were still a boy and a girl. Their hair colour had changed though. It was now the same brown colour as mine. They smiled sadly at me, as if to ask ‘Who is our father?’ I couldn’t stand looking at them anymore. I turned around and ran from the room. Fine. I didn’t love Ron anymore. He had broken my heart. I would never talk to him again.

It was better for both of us this way anyways. We weren’t supposed to be together, we had always had problems. We had fought, a lot, during the last 7 years, I felt kind of bad for Harry. He had always been in the middle of us, trying to make us talk or make up again. I slowed down as I reached some of the more crowded hallways. I smiled slightly at the younger students, but tried to avoid most of them.

         “Miss Granger!” I sighed and turned around to face the Headmistress. McGonagall was look at me with a stern look, “Why weren’t you in class today?” she asked.

         “I’m sorry professor. I wasn’t feeling very well this morning. So I decided to stay in bed.” I replied, she raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

         “You should have gone to Madam Pomfrey.”

         “I know. I should have. Don’t worry though, I'll be back in class tomorrow.” I reassured her.

         “Miss Granger. Please join me in my office. We need to talk.” The professor said. I blinked in surprise before nodding, she turned around at began walking away. At first I just stood staring at her, confused, but then I began jogging to catch up to her. We walked in silence to the gargoyle, which guarded the entrance to her office.

         “Ice mice.” She said and the gargoyle moved aside.

We entered the headmistress’ office; McGonagall sat down at her desk, and waved her wand to pull another chair over. I sat down across from her, she kept doing spells and a teapot appeared with a couple of teacups as well.

         “Hermione, how are things going with you and Mr Malfoy?” she asked while pouring some tea into my cup.

         “Decent. He’s been really nice to me lately.” I said, thinking it would be best not to mention the kissing thing, I gratefully took my teacup from her and sipped a little. The tea went down my throat and warmed up my whole body, I sighed.

         “Good. It took a bit of convincing from him, before I agreed to let him come back this year. I was afraid I had made a mistake making you two Head Prefects. But it seems like you are getting along.” She continued. I nodded in agreement.

         “I wasn’t to thrilled at first as you may recall, but now I actually enjoy having him around.” I said, “well… most of the time anyways.” I then added. McGonagall seemed to ignore the last part, which I was kind of thankful for. I really didn't want her to question me about Draco.