Chapter 23: Close your eyes

(still Sana's POV)

Tzuyu and I woke up on her bed. It was getting pretty cold since it's summer and mom and dad decided to put the AC and vents in a low temperature. That made my hands cold and difficult to move aeound the room. Tzuyu knew that I was close to shivering when she held my hand, so she took one of her black hoodies, and wore it on me. It was larger as usual, but very comfy and warm.

Ms. Kim started preparing the plates as we went downstairs. "Good morning! Your parents aren't going to be around for a few day but they'll be arriving on time for your graduation Sana-ssi." She said quickly while wiping her hands on her apron. I raised an eyebrow up, "Why so quick Ms. Kim? Going somewhere?"

She stopped and smiled, "Yes, Jaeun's engagement party is today. I shall get ready for it"

Right, it was her son's engagement party. She told me about this like two or three weeks ago. Jaeun used to visit my house when we were still in kinder, or when I was still in kinder. He was three years older than me and really mature. He stopped visiting when he reached high school and moved to Busan to study. Good for him.

Ms. Kim left a few minutes later, leaving me and Tzuyu at home. It was a hot morning, the gardeners started spraying the plants and the garden outside. I changed my room's AC from 16° to 20° instead since I'll probably be getting hypothermia when I stay there for more than 5 hours. I decided to read a book, by the large window that had a couch attatched to it, so you can read by the window.

I read one of the best selling books, The Fault In Our Stars. My friend gave it to me before she went back to US to continue her family business at a young age.

I read quietly wuhile the soft clouds covered the sun, making a gentle contrast of light, passing through the window. It was quite, cold yet bright. But it got warmer when I felt warm air breathing on my right neck, slowy coming up to my cheeks. Then I saw Tzuyu.

She sat behind me, making me scooch over to the front so she could have some space to sit. I kept reading as she wrapped one of her arms around me, and the other one stroking my hair softly. Slowly, I became sleepy, when I felt her kiss my head, which made me pass out.

-

I woke up on my bed, hearing the noise from downstairs. It was 2 pm in the afternoon. I checked what was happening, and it was Tzuyu yelling over the phone.

"--FUCK OFF ASSHOLE, YOU NEVER DID ANYTHING THAT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPY SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" Tzuyu yelled, and I flinched from her loud voice. She noticed that I was there, so she ended the call, "Don't ever come near me. Or anyone else"

Tzuyu ran towards me and hugged me tightly, "I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean to wake you up and startle you" She pecked my forehead and rubbed my back. I pushed back a bit so I could look up to her beautiful face, "What's wrong baby?"

"It's dad again with the... Thing" She stopped and sighed.

I didn't feel good, "What about it?" I asked again, nervously waiting.

"That Jeon guy is coming over. He knows where I am. The engagement is already planned to be celebrated at-" I didn't let her finish. I cried and ran to my room, faster than how my heart was beating. I disappeared in a blink from her sight.

Loud thuds on my door were heard, and I can hear Tzuyu calling me, " SANA! Open the door!" She kept on going until her voice went lower and the knocks were basically taps on the door left. All I can hear are her sobs, and her gentle voice "Sana, please. I'm sorry. I'm finding a way baby. Please open the door baby."

Tears started falling from my eyes, everything was blurry. I tried getting up from the floor and open the door so I could let Tzuyu have her side. When I opened the door, Tzuyu was looking down, clenching her fist, and her tears, falling down slowly on both cheeks.